New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,996 of 9,484
Ragnarok is the end of world; eugenius is the doomsayer. They go together :p

(And actually I don't mind those numbers at all. Always good to have your head in the clouds but your feet on solid ground)

Edit: And if I get a Rag (I'm more interested in Yggy) I would hope for a good match with a BMC PureDAC's balanced out.

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,998 of 9,484
The Chord Hugo is at the top of my wish list...

Overpriced in my opinion. Isn't that more of a portable set up rather than a home set up?

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,999 of 9,484
Geek Pulse Xfi for me. 
Chord Hugo? Audition the Geek Out 1000. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #2,004 of 9,484
  Ragnarok is the end of the world but still I'm having a hard time finding some impressions from those who attended the Newport show!

I'm wondering if Mike took his LCD 2F and got some time with the Rag. Would be great if we get both reviews then.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #2,006 of 9,484
And not very pretty bling, unless you call poorly fitting plastic fashionable. Sound is decent for a mobile DAC/amp, but not for $2400, more like $240.

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #2,008 of 9,484
And not very pretty bling, unless you call poorly fitting plastic fashionable. Sound is decent for a mobile DAC/amp, but not for $2400, more like $240.

The first part is very much true, the second part I don't know, because I've only experienced what it looks like.

I'll be using the Ragnarok with my Vega DAC (Which everyone knows that it looks good and sounds as good XD)

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #2,010 of 9,484

No, I haven't. But I don't need to listen to it in order to recognise it as overpriced audio bling. Whether or not it sounds good, it's pretty much irrelevant, IMO.

This is pretty much what's wrong with Head-Fi today. No, you haven't heard it, but you don't like the way it looks so whether it sounds good or not is irrelevant.

I agree it is a silly looking piece of kit. But I've heard it in non-meet conditions, and I can attest that the sound is pretty amazing. There is a bit of over-hype happening in the Chord Hugo thread, but there are also plenty of established Head-Fiers over there discussing the product's merits. Oh, and they've heard it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back