New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #1,488 of 9,484
True. But by the same token, I can't nurse on a caramel peppermint pumpkin hot fudge latte for 15 days and then take it back to Starbucks for a refund if I decide I didn't like it like you can with a Schiit product.

Tell you what, if you man-up and go for it at $1,699, I'll dip into my Starbucks fund and pay the return shipping if you decide to return it. Deal?
tongue.gif

se

It's not enough for you bastards to empty my wallet, you have to turn me upside down and shake until the last coins fall from my pockets.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,490 of 9,484
So the power board and self regulation solves the need for a voltage regulator/power conditioner right? I've had problem with wall power in the past.

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,492 of 9,484
Aw c'mon, it's only $200. Hell, I spend that much at Starbucks in a month.
tongue.gif

se

Sounds like it is past time for you to invest in a Rancilio, a Mazzer Mini and some intelligentsia or blue bottle beans.  A serious coffee budget deserves good tasting coffee!  Starbucks is so the Fiio of espresso. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #1,493 of 9,484
Sounds like it is past time for you to invest in a Rancilio, a Mazzer Mini and some intelligentsia or blue bottle beans.  A serious coffee budget deserves good tasting coffee!  Starbucks is so the Fiio of espresso. 
Werd. And while you're at it, might as well go the home roasting route. I miss my mazzer mini :frowning2:

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #1,495 of 9,484
Or, u can just get a baratza vario instead of the mazzer mini, save $200 which can then be used to up ur budget for the Rag from $1499 to $1699 :rolleyes:
i had a mazzer mini for 9 years before donating it to a charity recently. Picked up a vario w to replace the MM...I like the pre-set weights for my various brew methods, but the ground coffee isn't as consistent as the MM.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,496 of 9,484
Good to know. :) I actually just bought a Baratza Forte recently. Cant wait for it to arrive and pull some shots with it haha. Anyway, back to Rag. With 30lbs, the international shipping fee wont be cheap on this one 
eek.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #1,497 of 9,484

Actually I'm a so much a coffee aficionado as I am a craven chocoholic. My drug of choice is the mocha. Not so I can have a little chocolate with my coffee, but so I can have a little coffee with my chocolate.

se

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,498 of 9,484
Actually I'm a so much a coffee aficionado as I am a craven chocoholic. My drug of choice is the mocha. Not so I can have a little chocolate with my coffee, but so I can have a little coffee with my chocolate.

se
finally, a man who talks sense. This OT moment has found me while I cradle a fine Cappuccino. Cheers Head-Fi! :beerchug:

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #1,500 of 9,484

Already have a Mazzer Mini and Expobar Brewtus - need a Ragnarok to complete the set!i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back