New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Dec 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #916 of 9,484
  Sorry all..

If i could hijack for 1 post...
I use the nearly ubiquitous Gungnir / Mjolnir /LCD 2.2 combo to listen now, but I can not put the amp near enough to reach. I'm begging Jason and Mike to consider a remote they consider workable. Short of that, do any win 7 music players have decent volume control? It seems an after sight in Music Bee.Thanks.

Jriver Media Center has 64-bit control, and it works really well in conjunction with R128 and adaptive volume. Fair warning though, it will spoil you 
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #918 of 9,484
Jan 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #920 of 9,484
If you look back a couple of pages or so there's an update from Jason that's still pretty current...

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #925 of 9,484
I'd rather they produced a killer headphone amp - no speakers, no remote, no anything that does not go towards improving the headphone amp. The best possible quality for the given price point. Why pay for crap that you will never use?

Same thing for the DAC. I use CDs exclusively, so I neither need nor want USB. Sell it as an option for those who do.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #926 of 9,484
  I'd rather they produced a killer headphone amp - no speakers, no remote, no anything that does not go towards improving the headphone amp. The best possible quality for the given price point. Why pay for crap that you will never use?

Same thing for the DAC. I use CDs exclusively, so I neither need nor want USB. Sell it as an option for those who do.

The Vali says 'hi' lol. $119.

-Daniel

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #927 of 9,484

Everything you asked for is exactly what Schiit does. No fluff, just what's needed, which is why their price to performance ratio is so excellent

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #928 of 9,484

Wait... You use a CD player?

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #930 of 9,484
Everything you asked for is exactly what Schiit does. No fluff, just what's needed, which is why their price to performance ratio is so excellent

That's why I like them too, but all this talk about it being a "universal" amplifier has me worried.

Wait... You use a CD player?

I don't see how anyone who loves music and isn't homeless or in some other analogous situation would not own and use a disc collection, either vinyl or CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back