New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Mar 2, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #9,032 of 9,484
Hi everyone, I am starting to feel better, doctor has me on some good meds as he figures out whats is wrong with me. My Rag and Yggy has really helped me focus on getting better. I got lost in the music as I meditated, seeing myself better in the future. I hope as I get better to do start writing more. I just need to see myself gaining weight lol. Tonight I have my ETHER hooked up to the Ragnarock and Yggdrasil, listening to Tomita's Planets and it sounds so great. The bass is just right and the mids are spot on lush as ever so detailed and resolute. The highs are great sounding. I have not gotten the upgrade for the ETHER. Laters everyone, please take care
Andrew Reddog Jones.:)

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #9,033 of 9,484
Glad to hear your feeling better Reddog, your comments are always appreciated around here because you always keep things positive. Hope you continue to feel better. 

And don't forget the doctor can give you your medicine but only your Rag can give you your drugs :)

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #9,035 of 9,484
Thanks for that. It is way more easy than I would have thought. What amperage is the fuse?

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #9,036 of 9,484
Random question.

I want to test a pre-amp with my ragnarok with my headphones. Can i bi-pass the pre-amp in the ragnarok?

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #9,038 of 9,484
Thanks for that. It is way more easy than I would have thought. What amperage is the fuse?
There are 2 fuses.
3 amp slow blow 5 x 20mm

JJ

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #9,042 of 9,484
Hi everyone, I am starting to feel better, doctor has me on some good meds as he figures out whats is wrong with me. My Rag and Yggy has really helped me focus on getting better. I got lost in the music as I meditated, seeing myself better in the future. I hope as I get better to do start writing more. I just need to see myself gaining weight lol. Tonight I have my ETHER hooked up to the Ragnarock and Yggdrasil, listening to Tomita's Planets and it sounds so great. The bass is just right and the mids are spot on lush as ever so detailed and resolute. The highs are great sounding. I have not gotten the upgrade for the ETHER. Laters everyone, please take care
Andrew Reddog Jones.:)

Wow, this is why I review audio devices: to help others make better audio purchases. When I had gone to CanJam@RMAF 2014, I remember you subscribing to the thread after my back-and-forth Ragy/Yggy demos. Well, it looks like someone was actually listening to my posts and more. Of course, there are others looking at other's posts as well.

I hope you feel better, Andrew. I recommend that you add some "Bitches Brew" to your audio regimen for the time being. :wink: :)

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #9,043 of 9,484
"Rolling fuses" makes about as much sense as standing on your head while listening, but whatever floats your boat!
Have you tried it to find out for yourself, one way or the other?

Or is your opinion based solely upon conjecture?

Just curious is all.

JJ

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #9,044 of 9,484
I have, made absolutely no difference as far as I could hear. But I'm still not sold on cables making a difference either, part of me thinks it's all just placebo.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #9,045 of 9,484
I understand.

These sorts of tweaks are usually only 'effective' after what I call major choke points have been ameliorated.

Of course once this happens it tends to be like a flood gate opening up, which is both good and bad.
Good in the sense that you can re-discover your music collection as if anew, all over again, and again, and again.
Bad in that it can trigger the oft mentioned saying, "sorry about your wallet".

For instance, I'm currently experimenting with several tweaks, all at the same time to determine what their combined and individual contributions are to the overall SQ.
These tweaks would not be noticed on a system where major 'choke points' are still in play.

And even then these are subtle changes, but they do seem to be cumulative in that they reinforce each other.
Sorta like fuses and WAQy chips do, only with much less overall change.

So I can understand why some claim that these sorts of changes make no differences.
And it is true for them, but not everyone has that experience.

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back