New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #8,326 of 9,484
Understood. But when I ordered in May the Schiit site said "orders placed today are expected to ship by the end of June" and it continued to say that through much of June when in fact orders placed during that time frame would not ship until late July or August.
It would have been cool to be more up front with the turn-around times once the company saw the orders piling up, that's all I'm saying. I doubt it would have kept any of us from ordering and I would have felt the company was being fully transparent with its customers.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #8,327 of 9,484

We're doing what we can, I'm afraid. Our estimates are always based on best current information, but much of the time, that information changes over time.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #8,329 of 9,484
I mean i know people like estimates but if they changed it to "shipping when available" like in the order history page, all these posts would go away...

Then again you'd still get people messaging for ETA's.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #8,330 of 9,484
It's a bad ass DAC.  All will be forgotten once the beast is received and burned in IMAHO.

biggrin.gif

HS

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #8,331 of 9,484
Time for the Roy Hall quote:

"Relax, there's never been a hi-fi emergency."

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #8,333 of 9,484
We are. There's only so much we can do when we're putting a serious dent in the world supply of some very scarce and expensive D/A converters. It's not like there are 1MM AD5791s sitting on the shelf.

I think its time to make your own dacs(!),

or custom design one for your fabrication houses to make for you...

Of course thats just a schitty dream I know.

But another real topic and one thing I would recomend is that you label all yggy shipping boxed right-side-up, so those heavy transformers dont break from board.

(Edit:
I read the transformer weight issue already has been adressed & a non issue by now.
So thats actually a plus for you guys waiting on your new yggys.)

I believe it was reason why first unit I recieved was DOA for output,
Because my shipping box was upside down in truck all way across country to get to me,
and I recieved an all dirty dragged top of box..
Those dam fedex bass-turds I will never forgive them,
as I was one of first ordered in 8second mark!

Anyways my replacement is worth its weight in gold, and then some...

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #8,334 of 9,484
^^ That's sort of the reason I am afraid to take my Theta to the next Head-fi meet. I would prefer to simply leave it plugged into my wall at home and enjoy the musical bliss that still pours from its 21 year old body.

To think it traveled across the country from Florida to California in a cardboard box stuffed full of bubble wrap and packing peanuts.. it could have showed up completely destroyed and I would have cried but the seller packaged it in a way that took me like an hour to open it.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #8,335 of 9,484

But another real topic and one thing I would recomend is that you label all yggy shipping boxed right-side-up, so those heavy transformers dont break from board.

(Edit:
I read the transformer weight issue already has been adressed & a non issue by now.

Because my shipping box was upside down in truck all way across country to get to me,

Same happened to me ... I was also among the first in the Queue as you (maybe among the first 40), and after waiting five (!) weeks for customs clearance in China the unit was DOA. Good to know that this issue is fixed, as I'm still waiting for the replacement ...

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #8,337 of 9,484

I couldn't agree more. Good things come to those who wait, really looking forward to hearing it!

Not quite the case for us Canadians....   Since placing my Yggy order back in May, the Canadain dollar has slid some 8 cents against the US greenback (was .85 --> now .77), and is threatening to drop even lower over the coming weeks. So the Yggdrasil which was already costing a pretty penny, is now going to cost me even more. 
$2,299 US = $2,982 CAD (and that doesn't include shipping + cross border duty fees + any difference in the credit card bank rate charge)....  So I'm probably looking at close to $ 3,400 CAD landed right now.

Yeah.... that hurts
frown.gif

Ultimately I would have preferred to pay for the Yggy upfront upon placing the initial order,  however I cannot fault Schitt for doing the right thing and not charging our credit cards until the unit actually ships. That's just good business sense.
..... Unfortunately the delay is going to cost me a couple of hundred extra - Boo!

All will be made up for though if it sounds as good as everyone says it is 
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #8,338 of 9,484
This time the unit arrived and is working well ... finally. Remarkable is the really good service of Schiit, pretty excellent! Even though it was quite some trouble because of the replacements and so forth they really took care to serve me well. Excellent, I can really recommend that!

Will post some impressions in the next weeks and also comparisons to the Vega.

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #8,339 of 9,484

(Edit:

A Yggy weight in gold is almost 400K dollars :D.

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #8,340 of 9,484
  A Yggy weight in gold is almost 400K dollars :D.

Dame, I can't afford the Yggy now, how much more the one made in gold.
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back