New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jan 6, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #4,546 of 9,484
  Probably late to the party. Just learned of the price and availability - Q1 2015 & 2299$.
I am excited, but at the same time I am not sure whether to not jump for the Gungnir 
biggrin.gif

If you can afford it, do wait.  Yggy sounds like it is more than a major step up.

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #4,547 of 9,484
  If you can afford it, do wait.  Yggy sounds like it is more than a major step up.

I know it does 
smily_headphones1.gif

But I can likewise buy the Yggy a year later.
I'll see how things shape up :}

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #4,548 of 9,484
  I know it does 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, buy and resell.  I'm most likely selling a Gungnir Q1/Q2.

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #4,550 of 9,484

Got my Ragnarok back and listening to it something got changed IMHO. Yes the fuse was blown (I knew that) but wanted them to check it out in-depth. The volume control used to really jerk the output around horribly when I would change volume setting while a selection was in progress (very annoying to say the least) and now it does not do that. Very nice. There was no notification as to anything being wrong but the amp is rockin' right along but even better now! Sweet! So glad that volume control issue is seemingly resolved.

beyersmile.png

Bring on that Yggdrasil!

Glad to hear you got yours back commtrd, sounds like it had the same problem as mine though because i noticed that before it was sent in too. Working sweet for a few weeks now too, in fact im rocking Mott the Hoople with the Rag right now, sounds great.

Yep Dire Straits now. Mark Knopfler is magic on that guitar. My amp has been totally transformed. WOW it is all that! And I can turn the volume knob without it getting all sideways on me like before. Sweet. End game.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #4,551 of 9,484
  I know it does 
smily_headphones1.gif

+1. I think the Gungnir is an excellent and musical DAC, so if I need to hold out until the odd used Yggy turns up, I'll be fine. I might shell out for a new Yggy, but for certain I would need to hear one first as I really wonder if the sound is really so much different as people seem to be suggesting/anticipating. First world problem for sure.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #4,552 of 9,484

Yep Dire Straits now. Mark Knopfler is magic on that guitar. My amp has been totally transformed. WOW it is all that! And I can turn the volume knob without it getting all sideways on me like before. Sweet. End game.

How many hours on it thus far?

JJ

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #4,553 of 9,484
  Probably late to the party. Just learned of the price and availability - Q1 2015 & 2299$.
I am excited, but at the same time I am not sure whether to not jump for the Gungnir 
biggrin.gif

Steven Stone simply rehashed what we already knew from the early announcement, and neither of those figures is cast in stone. The official line is that it will be ready when it's ready, and not a day earlier.  Unless someone knows otherwise, sticker price is still TBA. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #4,554 of 9,484
Steven Stone simply rehashed what we already knew from the early announcement, and neither of those figures is cast in stone. The official line is that it will be ready when it's ready, and not a day earlier.  Unless someone knows otherwise, sticker price is still TBA. 

Well, I asked Schiit support directly. For now 2299$ & Q1 2015 is what they told me :)

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #4,556 of 9,484
2299 is too high for a dac alone..
If they want sales, then that figure needs to come down or it will be a niche item for the well to do...

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #4,557 of 9,484
If they want sales, then that figure needs to come down or it will be a niche item for the well to do...
It's a pseudo-niche thing, like all statement products. Is competing with 8k stuff, so keep that in mind.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #4,559 of 9,484

Schiit makes DACs at all price points.  This is their statement DAC with the intent to play in the same league as products from Light Harmonic, MSB etc....  all of which cost a LOT more then $2299.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back