New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,906 of 9,484
  right, but it's those companies who are unsure of themselves that listen to the FUD...

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I think you miss the point.  It's the damage done by FUD on other Internet readers opinions.  The company suffers from an unearned bad reputation because of FUD, and then they are the one who has to deal with the silliness regardless of whether they took it seriously or not.  They end up having to take it seriously when hundreds or thousands of emails and forum posts start calling them out for things that were created in the active imaginations of Internet "experts." Having to deal with bad PR is not good for any company, regardless of how "unsure" you might call them..

May 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,907 of 9,484
  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I think you miss the point.  It's the damage done by FUD on other Internet readers opinions.  The company suffers from an unearned bad reputation because of FUD, and then they are the one who has to deal with the silliness regardless of whether they took it seriously or not.  They end up having to take it seriously when hundreds or thousands of emails and forum posts start calling them out for things that were created in the active imaginations of Internet "experts." Having to deal with bad PR is not good for any company, regardless of how "unsure" you might call them..

This is an interesting point that you bring up. I have not come across this on the forum before - I don't mean the FUD - the FUD is definitely there but people don't really talk about the effects of it or the fact that it actually happens at all. And, therein lye's the problem; I don't think people are aware of these effects when they say things and spread bad funk. 

It is the kind of thing that I don't think could ever be prevented. It seems more like a inevitable negative attribute of having an internet forum.

May 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,909 of 9,484
The amount of buzz and anticipation on this headphone amp is probably a headfi record...

May 29, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #1,911 of 9,484
  I dunno man.  Headfi is overwhelmingly non FUD based on what I've seen.

LOL 
beerchug.gif

May 29, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #1,912 of 9,484

Why would the bad reputation be "unearned"?  If any company wishes to pre-announce a product with a certain intended launch date, and this date is delayed once or a few times, then a company has failed to live up to expectations they have set.  Jason clearly understands this, which is why they have moved to a "no pre-announcement" strategy.  I think sometimes we can be a little vociferous in trying to defend our favourite companies fom imagined attacks.  Jason knows their previous strategy was a mistake; he has address this mistake.  I doubt he is whining about how the general public keeps giving his company undeserved bad PR !!

May 29, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #1,913 of 9,484
Maybe people need to chill out? It seems that people feel like their excitement needs to be reimbursed by a company by meeting a proposed deadline. It is not a life-saving operation we are talking about, it is a consumer product. If something needs more time that is a good thing because it means the company actually cares about the quality of it's product at launch (something sorely missing in the console market). It's scary how self absorbed people can be.

May 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,914 of 9,484
  This is an interesting point that you bring up. I have not come across this on the forum before - I don't mean the FUD - the FUD is definitely there but people don't really talk about the effects of it or the fact that it actually happens at all. And, therein lye's the problem; I don't think people are aware of these effects when they say things and spread bad funk. 

It is the kind of thing that I don't think could ever be prevented. It seems more like a inevitable negative attribute of having an internet forum.

Exactly.  And it's why many companies never announce developing products.  That inevitable negative side effect makes it not worth the hassle.

May 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #1,915 of 9,484
Yeah people, chill, use what you've got for now, if you don't have patience, then don't wait for it, people who have patience will be the ones who have fun :wink:

Sometimes it's just worth waiting :wink:

May 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #1,916 of 9,484
It's always worth waiting if it gives them a chance to finalize design and optimize performance before initial product release.  I don't want to be anybody's beta tester on my nickel, and have the debugged revision released down the road as as Mark 2 or whatever.  Sometimes that's worth the wait.

May 29, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #1,917 of 9,484
  It's always worth waiting if it gives them a chance to finalize design and optimize performance before initial product release.  I don't want to be anybody's beta tester on my nickel, and have the debugged revision released down the road as as Mark 2 or whatever.  Sometimes that's always  worth the wait.

FTFY

May 29, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,919 of 9,484
^ He wanted you to fix the fix. Scientists are iterative that way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back