New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #166 of 9,484
Not saying the Master 6 is not good - I love my Master 7.  While it's not musical.  It's true.  Just like the GS-X is true.  If your looking for musical the GS-X will not give you that.  So if you say musical is better than yes the Master 6 is better in that way..

When I hear the term musical - I think of color or something is being add that's not in the track it self ie.  Making it musical..  That's just me..

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #167 of 9,484
WHEN is the issue. Everything else is fanboy support to Schiit's marketing to sell a product. Faith is one thing, fact is something else. My bet is they hit their mark but it's got to be released first. :wink:

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #168 of 9,484
Quote:
Not saying the Master 6 is not good - I love my Master 7.  While it's not musical.  It's true.  Just like the GS-X is true.  If your looking for musical the GS-X will not give you that.  So if you say musical is better than yes the Master 6 is better in that way..

When I hear the term musical - I think of color or something is being add that's not in the track it self ie.  Making it musical..  That's just me..

I don't consider the M6 musical as such. It's tonality, with the NFB-7, is very neutral, not overly lush or too thin and detailed enough to be called analytical by some people. It's also far from being 'tube' like musical.
I actually like analytical and it can, if done right, sound very musical at the same time and that is something I feel that Audio-gd do so well.
The M6 is very 'true' to the recording IMO and this is very clear by the way it allows recordings to sound totally different from each other.

The GSX Mki did sound good but I felt was colder and more sterile than the M6 which had a much fuller 3D sound.
Both did the speed, clarity, dynamics things very well indeed and the bass was superb on both.

My issue is with people that as soon as they hear that a particular amp is being released 'assume' that it's going to be the best in it's price range before anyone has even heard it.
I am very interested in the Ragnarok but won't put my money down until it's finally released and some opinions are formed. I am not about to turn round and pre judge it as the best in it's price class.

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #169 of 9,484
Quote:

I don't consider the M6 musical as such. It's tonality, with the NFB-7, is very neutral, not overly lush or too thin and detailed enough to be called analytical by some people. It's also far from being 'tube' like musical.
I actually like analytical and it can, if done right, sound very musical at the same time and that is something I feel that Audio-gd do so well.
The M6 is very 'true' to the recording IMO and this is very clear by the way it allows recordings to sound totally different from each other.

The GSX Mki did sound good but I felt was colder and more sterile than the M6 which had a much fuller 3D sound.
Both did the speed, clarity, dynamics things very well indeed and the bass was superb on both.

My issue is with people that as soon as they hear that a particular amp is being released 'assume' that it's going to be the best in it's price range before anyone has even heard it.
I am very interested in the Ragnarok but won't put my money down until it's finally released and some opinions are formed. I am not about to turn round and pre judge it as the best in it's price class.

No one is saying its going to be the best, we are saying it is going to compete with the best based solely on specs we are given and the reputation Schiit Audio has made for themselves. Nothing else can be said, because no one has heard it. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #170 of 9,484
Knowing the audio pedgirees of the guys from Schiit (Jason/Mike). It's hard not to be exicted about this. They're not some random cable makers who suddently decided to drop a $1500 amp on us. These guys have been plotting the statement products for sometime and given their past performance, it's likely they'll hit their mark as Happy Camper says above and give us a very strong performer at the price again.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #171 of 9,484
THis is definitly way out of my league...

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #173 of 9,484
Quote:
I love it when people just jump to conclusions as to which amp is the best in it's price range when there is no such thing as the best in audio.

Yes maybe the GSX mk2 is one of the best in it's price range, maybe the Ragnarok will be as well. I also consider my Audio-gd Master-6 as one of the very best in it's class.
I also had the opportunity to listen, in my system, to the GSX Mk1 a few months ago and clearly felt the Master-6 was better and more 'musical' ( I do hate that term), fuller sounding with the LCD2.2's, T1's and HE6's, did not have the HD800's at that time.

I would love to hear how much the GSX mk2 improves on the Mk1 but I am more interested in the Ragnarok when it's finally releashed.
Would love to do a side by side comparison between the Ragnarok & M6.

The differences between the GS-X and GS-X MKII are the same between the GS-X with upgraded modules vs. the original GS-X (because they; the GS-X with upgraded modules and GS-X MKII, sound the same side-by-side). That's to say, a bit more dynamic and punchier with better control down low. 

Has the price points of these been released yet (sorry, not sure if I missed that)?

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #174 of 9,484
Quote:
The differences between the GS-X and GS-X MKII are the same between the GS-X with upgraded modules vs. the original GS-X (because they; the GS-X with upgraded modules and GS-X MKII, sound the same side-by-side). That's to say, a bit more dynamic and punchier with better control down low. 

Has the price points of these been released yet (sorry, not sure if I missed that)?

Ragnarok: Estimated Price (from Schiit) - $1400-1600 
Yggdrasil: Estimated Price (from Schiit) - $1700-1900

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #175 of 9,484
Quote:

Ragnarok: Estimated Price (from Schiit) - $1400-1600 
Yggdrasil: Estimated Price (from Schiit) - $1700-1900

Yeah Schiit! Some great pricing for flagship products!

Thanks for that Greed!

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #176 of 9,484
Quote:
Yeah Schiit! Some great pricing for flagship products!

Thanks for that Greed!

beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #177 of 9,484
Eeeeeeek!

I fully expected to wait a few years for a speaker amp from Schiit after seeing Jason mention in a thread only months ago.  Even the price seems to be great....no doubt it's going to outperform itself in its price bracket.

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #180 of 9,484
Na, you don't grasp how good the design is behind Schiit's statement gear. And before declaring it a outright loser. listen to one first, er, just shut up.

Of course, Douglas Self doesn't really know amplifier design. Third iteration 120W Class XD <<< First try 60W Circlotron. You also don't get better bass with a 225W amplifier compared to a 60W amplifier. :)

I agree, it does look like value if you read it as an ultra headphone amp with speaker amp function. I mean, I paid 1500€ for a Blockhead and 700€ for a CEC HD53N so 1250€ (though you just know it's going to cost over 1500€ in Europe) does look OK if you read it like that.

You just really have to care a lot about your headphone amplifier. And it has to convince Blockhead, Beta22 and Balanced Dynahi owners to sell their amplifiers before that value is is apparent.

I look forward to being the a$h0le who tells the Balanced Dynahi seller this:
[COLOR=FF00AA]You just upgraded to the Ragnarok didn't you? Go stand on your head in the corner for 20 minutes, as a punishment from Kevin Gilmore! :)[/COLOR]

PS: If REDACTED means thermally stabilized proprietary multibit, you are the Schiit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back