NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Mar 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #271 of 2,741
I've had the A2 for a few weeks now and it's always while I'm actually listening that I feel compelled to post something in this forum.  But, I find I'm too sucked into the music to actually do it.

I LOVE this amp...

Yeah, it's got the mechanical hum and I'll be trading it in for another one sometime soon (can't hear it while the music's playin'!).  But in the mean time, I am really enjoying the hell out of it.  My Grado's have NEVER sounded so good. 

Base extension has never been deeper or tighter.  Sound stage has never been so large.  And just overall, the music that I listen to has never sounded so good!

For those that care I'm listening on a home stereo system and not a computer based system.  Preamp to A2 to Grado RS1's.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #272 of 2,741
Quote:
I'm getting quite a lot of fingerprint marks on my asgard 2. I tried getting them off with a dry, then damp cloth and even a little bit of oil but to no avail. anyone have any suggestions?

hey use windex or a generic form of windex, that really works and yea just stop touching it as much, brush aluminum easily takes oil from hands. I just use a towel or cloth next to me when un plugging or pluggin in something, unfortunately it looks quite bad and can get distracting with the finger prints all over it so just be careful

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #273 of 2,741
Quote:
hey use windex or a generic form of windex, that really works and yea just stop touching it as much, brush aluminum easily takes oil from hands. I just use a towel or cloth next to me when un plugging or pluggin in something, unfortunately it looks quite bad and can get distracting with the finger prints all over it so just be careful

Quit eating greasy food and caressing your Schiit! 
size]

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #274 of 2,741
Looks like Schiit this week pushed back Asgard 2's resumed shipping date to April 1. I think it was originally March 21? I put an order in shortly after the shipping suspension and Stoddard's announcement here about addressing the hum issue. My March 25 backorder date hasn't changed since the recent shipping date revision. So perhaps the new date is just a revised expectation for new orders now that orders have stacked up in the interim. 

During the hiatus, I've succumbed to re-examining my purchase decision, but I haven't come up with a compelling alternative to power my HD-650s and the Airmotiv 4s I plan to order to complete my desktop rig once the A2 ships (good timing; I just noticed the A4s are on sale through the end of the month!). Many comparable amps, including tube amps, come at roughly double the price to get the preamp outs and with other features I don't need (DACs, more inputs/outputs, etc.). Then again, I didn't think I needed the preamp outs (or the speakers) until I thought through it a bit more, which let me to the A2 vs. the Magni I originally had in mind. 

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #276 of 2,741
Quote:
Right choice have the asgard2 no hum love them sweet sound good stage and you can reheat your food on it

Too bad it didn't arrive in time for cold weather; would have taken some of the load off the space heater at my listening station. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #282 of 2,741
Could someone compare the max power output of the A2 to lyr at 600 ohms...

A2=[size=13.63636302947998px]Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 190mW[/size]

lyr=??

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #283 of 2,741
More than you'll ever need, considering most 600 ohm headphones have a maximum power input of below 150 mW.

Quote:
Could someone compare the max power output of the A2 to lyr at 600 ohms...

A2=[size=13.63636302947998px]Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 190mW[/size]

lyr=??

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #285 of 2,741
Duly notes...but I'd still like to know what the lyr puts out compared to the A2.

The Lyr should max out at 320mw into 600 ohms, but that is not the limiting spec when comparing amps for high-z cans. It is output voltage that will dictate whether an amp will drive them to their max output. The Lyr at 40v p-p will do this better than the Asgaard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back