NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Feb 13, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #2,388 of 2,741
  um..no. Because my headphone is the Lcd-2 and i borrowed my friend's Asgard 2 for just 2 day, only high gain mode was used. Sorry 

No problems! Thanks!

I was curious is all, and sorry - still don't have much input on the original Asgard. I think I would be the only person at our local group who would even have the newer Asgard.

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #2,389 of 2,741
I wish the Asgard 2 have a button for me to switch between headphone output or RCA output for my powered speakers. 
It will be much more convenient since it will not require me to un-plug and re-plug the headphone so often. 
Just like the Modi 2 with a button for you to switch between USB/ RCA/ optical input

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,390 of 2,741
  I wish the Asgard 2 have a button for me to switch between headphone output or RCA output for my powered speakers. 
It will be much more convenient since it will not require me to un-plug and re-plug the headphone so often. 
Just like the Modi 2 with a button for you to switch between USB/ RCA/ optical input

+1

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #2,391 of 2,741
It will be much more [COLOR=222222]convenient since it will not require me to un-plug and re-plug the headphone so often. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Just like the Modi 2 with a button for you to switch between USB/ RCA/ optical input[/COLOR]

-1. Preamps and receivers have always worked like the Asgard. A button would be silly.

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #2,392 of 2,741
-1. Preamps and receivers have always worked like the Asgard. A button would be silly.

+1 having to unplug and re-plug cables (like it always was) - was always silly and always bothered me. Switching the input while leaving everything connected is way smarter. When the headphone is pulled out by accident and the house is blasted with music (or whatever you are listening to) is not smart.

Cheers.

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #2,393 of 2,741

+1 having to unplug and re-plug cables (like it always was) - was always silly and always bothered me. Switching the input while leaving everything connected is way smarter. When the headphone is pulled out by accident and the house is blasted with music (or whatever you are listening to) is not smart.

Cheers.

No, it's not smart. :wink:

With the added cost and complexity, I just don't see it happening.  I believe the JDS Labs Element has a button for this feature, but it also lacks volume control for the RCA outputs, so it's basically worthless as a preamp.

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2,394 of 2,741
  No problems! Thanks!

I was curious is all, and sorry - still don't have much input on the original Asgard. I think I would be the only person at our local group who would even have the newer Asgard.

I just got my Asgard 2 off the shoulder of rt 28 near Old Ox Rd Exit, somewhere between Sterling and Herndon.

Yes, that just happeend
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,395 of 2,741
I just got my Asgard 2 off the shoulder of rt 28 near Old Ox Rd Exit, somewhere between Sterling and Herndon.

Yes, that just happeend
wink.gif

blink.gif

Umm...I used to live about them parts...say what?

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,396 of 2,741

blink.gif

Umm...I used to live about them parts...say what?

The guy's car broke down on rt 28 on his way to meet me, and had to pull over to the side.
After little hesitation, I decided to drive to the "site" and pick up the Asgard 2.
I did offer him help if there was anything I could do, but he already called for roadside assistance.

So, all was left to do was to go ahead and proceed with our original plan.
I paid him via Paypal using my phone, and he got his Asgard from his car, all while cars running by us on the highway.

Probably was not the safest.. nor best way to deal with the situation
rolleyes.gif

But it definitely tops the list of most unusual places to pickup gear found on head-fi.

May 5, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #2,397 of 2,741
  Just a quick question. I tried searching this thread and didn't get any hits that matched my situation.  I recently bought a demo Asgard 2 last week from a local store (after going through 2 defective Fiio E09k's) to pair with my AKG K702.65 Annies.  I have noticed that it clicks seemingly randomly after it gets hot after about maybe minimum of 1 hour of on time.  It's definitely not the muted power on/off relay click within 10 seconds of powering on/off.  This relay click is much louder than that and it only happens once the unit is nice and toasty warm/hot.  So during a 3 hour listening session it may click once or twice.  Is this behavior normal?  Or is my bad luck with amps just continuing?     

I am having this same issue with my asgard 2, any suggestions?

May 5, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #2,399 of 2,741

I am having this same issue with my asgard 2, any suggestions?

This is just a guess here, but what you may be experiencing is the metal of the case expanding due to heat. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Check the tightness of the screws; I believe I had a similar issue with my original Asgard and it turned out to be one of the screws being a bit loose, so it would pop when it warmed up (I think, it's been a few years at this point...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back