NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Sep 20, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #2,299 of 2,741
  I see. Do you have tube amplifiers?
I do not have priced amplifiers. TAo my ear, There is really no difference of the frequenct response, though sound signature might be a little bit difference. But soundstage and dynamic are very obvious difference for different products, especially for me to listen to large work orchestra/symphony only.

Had some pricey tube amps and ditched them. IMO a good tube amp sounds much like a SS amp, however, tubes tend to be noisier.

Sep 20, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #2,300 of 2,741
  yes, I do think the Asgard 2 is better sounding than the DV336.

Had some pricey tube amps and ditched them. IMO a good tube amp sounds much like a SS amp, however, tubes tend to be noisier.

Thanks, guys. I think I'll try a Asgards 2. I have a Chinese Taobao product of tube amplifier. It's much cheaper than those DV336 or LD MK3, but I'm so happy with it with HD600. However, I have no idea what's level of this product. I just feel it better than fiio e12, with obvious larger soundstage, better separation, dynamic and beautiful sound. However, someone said M2U also has larger soundstage than E12. So I asked you guys how about A2 vs like DV336 since A2 has similar price with DV336. Since you told me it's better than DV336 and I want to see how the A2 compared to the Taobao's tube one to get a sense of this Taobao's product. :)

Sep 20, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2,301 of 2,741
Can't go wrong with Asgard 2... I just love mine.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,302 of 2,741
I will be able to compare the BH Crack + HD600 to the Asgard 2 today. I'm thinking it will be more of an amplifier compatibility test to see if the BH Crack will jive with DT880 250 ohm or Alpha Dog (probabably not). I am building the BH Crack + HD600 setup for my dad. The Asgard 2 powers my Alpha Dogs with authority and transparency of whatever DAC I am using.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #2,303 of 2,741
I keep switching out the A2 for a Vali every once in a while, the change is really nice until I notice the higher distortion and softer bass on the Vali. Then I'm back to the Asgard.

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #2,304 of 2,741
  I keep switching out the A2 for a Vali every once in a while, the change is really nice until I notice the higher distortion and softer bass on the Vali. Then I'm back to the Asgard.

I heard the same when I tested Vali next to Asgard 2. The differences weren't subtle. I think the BH Crack is a closer competitor to the Asgard 2 and I just received one today. It sounds incredible, bass maybe not as tight as the Asgard 2 and slightly more background noise (tubes) but still very nice black space. The Asgard 2 remains king for my ortho but the BH Crack has a special synergy with the HD600 that I just heard for my own ears. It really kicks ass and I would put the HD600 w/ Crack and a R2R DAC up against any setup. It gets shockingly close to my Alpha Dogs in sound quality and sounds like the open-backed version of custom planar cans. I am now a believer in the HD600. It does no harm or foul and sounds better to my ears than a stock HD800.

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #2,305 of 2,741

I heard the same when I tested Vali next to Asgard 2. The differences weren't subtle. I think the BH Crack is a closer competitor to the Asgard 2 and I just received one today. It sounds incredible, bass maybe not as tight as the Asgard 2 and slightly more background noise (tubes) but still very nice black space. The Asgard 2 remains king for my ortho but the BH Crack has a special synergy with the HD600 that I just heard for my own ears. It really kicks ass and I would put the HD600 w/ Crack and a R2R DAC up against any setup. It gets shockingly close to my Alpha Dogs in sound quality and sounds like the open-backed version of custom planar cans. I am now a believer in the HD600. It does no harm or foul and sounds better to my ears than a stock HD800.

I've been interested in the BH Crack for a long time, but the fact that you have to assemble it has always put me off. Maybe some time I'll start looking in the FS forum.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,306 of 2,741

I've mentioned the higher distortion and didn't get a happy response on the Vali thread. I founbd this is more noticeable when playing loud on hungrier cans. I like that Magni, it's got good clean muscle. I just have a weak spot for a Class A amp that performs so well, plus winter is coming and that A2 doubles as a hand warmer.

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #2,307 of 2,741

I've been interested in the BH Crack for a long time, but the fact that you have to assemble it has always put me off. Maybe some time I'll start looking in the FS forum.

That's how I got mine. I have no knowledge of soldering so I bought mine in the FS forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back