New rule suggestion for the For Sale section
Aug 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Hero Kid

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Posts
2,036
Likes
43
Can we please re-introduce a rule that requires a certain amount of posts/time registered to buy and sell in the for sale section?
 
I've seen way too many example of scammers recently, and often it is members who have recently joined. (See http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/474901/p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e-s-c-a-m-m-e-r-a-l-e-r-t/135 for reference)
 
Also simple rules like how many times a member can bump their own thread, why don't we have them after the swap to Huddler?
 
Aug 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 45

Shahrose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Posts
3,907
Likes
274
Location
Toronto, Canada


Quote:
Can we please re-introduce a rule that requires a certain amount of posts/time registered to buy and sell in the for sale section?
 
I've seen way too many example of scammers recently, and often it is members who have recently joined. (See http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/474901/p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e-s-c-a-m-m-e-r-a-l-e-r-t/135 for reference)
 
Also simple rules like how many times a member can bump their own thread, why don't we have them after the swap to Huddler?


I agree.
 
Aug 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 45

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,764
Likes
74
I agree that we need some kind of regulation for posting in the FS forum.
 
Aug 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 45

rawrster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
10,565
Likes
206
Maybe something like a length of membership could also be used. The post is also good but encourages spamming esp once they get close. It could also prevent cases of those who make accounts here just to post spam ads.
 
It does seem like the FS is regulated less these days than when I first joined.
 
Aug 21, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 45

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Posts
22,597
Likes
501
There used to be a requirement of a minimum post count and a time requirement to start a thread in the For Sale Forum. I thought it was sensible and a return to it might be a good idea. There are a lot of people joining only to sell stuff. Some are legitimate, but they never contribute here again.
 
Aug 22, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 45

Shahrose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Posts
3,907
Likes
274
Location
Toronto, Canada


Quote:
There used to be a requirement of a minimum post count and a time requirement to start a thread in the For Sale Forum. I thought it was sensible and a return to it might be a good idea. There are a lot of people joining only to sell stuff. Some are legitimate, but they never contribute here again.


It should go by length of membership mainly (a better indicator of experience IMO) and some rudimentary post count secondly to weed out those who don't contribute at all.
 
Aug 22, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 45

jjinh

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Posts
3,090
Likes
60

 
Quote:
Can we please re-introduce a rule that requires a certain amount of posts/time registered to buy and sell in the for sale section?
 
I've seen way too many example of scammers recently, and often it is members who have recently joined. (See http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/474901/p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e-s-c-a-m-m-e-r-a-l-e-r-t/135 for reference)
 
Also simple rules like how many times a member can bump their own thread, why don't we have them after the swap to Huddler?


I had similar suggestions on these here and here. Is anyone listening???
 
Aug 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #10 of 45

revolink24

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Posts
2,881
Likes
41
Yeah, I support these ideas. I think it's crazy it hasn't been started yet.
 
Aug 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #12 of 45

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Posts
4,156
Likes
120
What about at lest a 30 day wait to post in FS. They can't wait there is always Ebay. Would prefer a 60 day wait at the least with a minimum amount of post. At least 50.
 
Aug 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #13 of 45

Ikarios

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 23, 2006
Posts
1,408
Likes
17


Quote:
What about at lest a 30 day wait to post in FS. They can't wait there is always Ebay. Would prefer a 60 day wait at the least with a minimum amount of post. At least 50.


Yeah, I was thinking one month might be a good idea.
 
As for a post count rule... it's hard to say. Unless you want to go into Off-Topic, there isn't always a whole lot of stuff to post meaningfully about for a new member, as they usually don't have the experience. Just look at me, four years and less than 400 posts... maybe like, 10 or 25?
 
 
Aug 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #14 of 45

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,509
Likes
316
Location
USA
I think a minimum requirement(s) before being able to create threads in the FS forums would be best.  Is it bad if a person can buy despite having a very low post count/feedback?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top