New Rudistor NX-03 (solid state)
May 2, 2008 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

NeoVibe

100+ Head-Fier
hi,

I'm in the process of searching a solid state amp for my HD-600 and noticed Rudistor has a new SS amp, the NX-03, sells for 600eur ~ 930 USD

The website says it completely overbooked, 20-day waiting time.

Has anyone ordered?

Any reviews yet? couldn't find anything...

NX03mirr-400.jpg

NX03int%20301.jpg

Quote:

NX-03 is a total new design. An extraordinary performer although simple amplification unit, encased in a fascinating hi-end box. An exercise of technology and design, to give to the audiophile the best sound and the pleasure to own a piece of artwork.

The sound quality and performance is absolute, this amplifier can drive any headphone from 4 to 1000 Ohm. The Distortion (Linear, Harmonic and Intermodulation) is so low, at any the frequency and level, that it is even very hard to measure!

The amp is completely linear from DC to 100KHz, and the damping factor is so high that this amp can easily drive small speakers. No capacitors are used on the signal path; no global negative feedback is used.

The amplifier use OPAmps as signal amplifiers and bias voltage servo actuator, in a simple but effective circuitry, with very short signal path, and usage of few selected components.

The current output devices are Darlington Bipolar transistor assisted by a solid state constant current generator.

NX-03 is extraordinary fast, this added to the high dynamics and overall power, generate a sensational punch feeling. The neutral sound, deep-end controlled bass, and the transparent highs, is the best way to describe the sound of this small great amplifier.

The amplifier is totally dead silent; noise floor is reduced down to -113 dB, so it is the right choice for SACD, given the superior dynamic range.

Inside NX-03
a simple layout, an accurate selection of components, for a quality and performing design

Highest quality casing, 10mm CNC machined faceplate, engraved graphics, chromed brass hand-made knob, give to NX-03 the right look for high class performing
NX-03 is made using lead free components and soldered with a leed free tin/silver alloy. In respect of enviroment as for EU directive

SPECIFICATIONS
Maximum Output: 1.5 W on 16 Ohms Output Impedance: 0 to 1000 Ohm
Maximum Swing: at 32Ohm 16Vpp Gain: 15 db
Bandwidth: DC-100.000 Hz < 0.15db Noise Floor below -113db
THD: 0.003 % (13Vpp on 32Ohm) Amplification Class: Always A-Class
Weight (Kg): 3.5kg Dimensions (cm): 25x25x7

Price 599.00 euro

NX03 is is the best seller of the moment it is now overbooked, actual delivery time is 20days

May 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 111
Also, I noticed that the current issue of Tone magazine (#15) has a review of a Rudistor amp that I can't find on the Rudistor Web site. It's called NX-02 Sistema, and they say it costs $899. Does anyone know anything about this?

May 4, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I noticed that the current issue of Tone magazine (#15) has a review of a Rudistor amp that I can't find on the Rudistor Web site. It's called NX-02 Sistema, and they say it costs $899. Does anyone know anything about this?

It was a special edition NX-02 taylored to the Ultrasone PROline 2500.
Not in production any more.

May 4, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 111
[size=xx-small]NX-03 vs. NX-02?[/size]

I am wondering how much the NX-03 differs from its predecessor (eg. circuit design, specific op-amp, etc.)?

May 4, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 111
Looks pretty neat.

Wonder how it sounds compared to the RPX series.

BTW, the RPX-33 also get an update. It is now called RPX-33 EV-08 with changes in the power supply and main circuit board. Wonder how that sounds compared the old version.

F. Lo

May 4, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks pretty neat.

Wonder how it sounds compared to the RPX series.

BTW, the RPX-33 also get an update. It is now called RPX-33 EV-08 with changes in the power supply and main circuit board. Wonder how that sounds compared the old version.

F. Lo

Time for you to Upgrade and Update. . .

May 4, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-113dB noise floor with a bandwidth of DC to over 100kHz?

What a load of crock.
rolleyes.gif

Why would this not be accurate?
And why do you call it a load of crock instead of explaining why this could not be accurate according to you?

May 5, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-small]NX-03 vs. NX-02?[/size]

I am wondering how much the NX-03 differs from its predecessor (eg. circuit design, specific op-amp, etc.)?

says it's totally new...

Quote:

NX-03 is a total new design

I didn't have the impression that rudistor were the sort of company that tried to fool costumers... all of their models have had pretty good reviews. certainly not the best bang-for-your-buck but at this level nothing really is...
frown.gif

May 5, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #12 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was a special edition NX-02 taylored to the Ultrasone PROline 2500.
Not in production any more.

Thanks for the info Kees. I wonder as well how it sounds opposed to the NX3?

May 6, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #13 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would this not be accurate?
And why do you call it a load of crock instead of explaining why this could not be accurate according to you?

Johnson noise, also known as thermal noise. It's dependant on bandwidth, resistance, and temperature, it's a law of physics and there's no way around it. For an amplifier with a 10k input impedance and 100kHz bandwidth, the lowest theoretically possible noise floor at room temperature is -108dB. Rudistor claims -113dB which is a blatant lie and flat out impossible unless the amplifier is sitting in a vat of liquid nitrogen.

May 6, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #14 of 111
too bad it's violently stupid to buy from europe while in america right now =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back