***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014
Sep 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #91 of 258

Other than a cable failing, why would anyone ever need to remove the cable from the ear piece?

Isn't that enough of a reason?

Personally, no.  RHA's three-year warranty - as well as their track record in honoring that three-year warranty - leave me confident that I would be well-tended to for a period of time.  Beyond that, I am not terribly concerned as I would probably have moved on to something else within those three years.

Besides, to introduce another connector is tantamount to introducing another point of failure.  The stresses that can be exerted on a connection point vary greatly in nature, and are occasionally non-trivial.  I would rather have something solidly constructed, than removable for versatility's sake.  I've also had friends inadvertently lose earpieces (UERM, JH-13) due to cable removability.  I know that is human error, but it was less likely to happen if the cable were not removable.

So no, for me, a [possible but not certain] cable failure is not reason enough.  That said...

This is Head-Fi, and sound is everything.  So if they wanted to introduce a swappable cable feature that lets me use a balanced cable, I would be most gratified. 
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #93 of 258

Personally, no.  RHA's three-year warranty - as well as their track record in honoring that three-year warranty - leave me confident that I would be well-tended to for a period of time.  Beyond that, I am not terribly concerned as I would probably have moved on to something else within those three years.

Besides, to introduce another connector is tantamount to introducing another point of failure.  The stresses that can be exerted on a connection point vary greatly in nature, and are occasionally non-trivial.  I would rather have something solidly constructed, than removable for versatility's sake.  I've also had friends inadvertently lose earpieces (UERM, JH-13) due to cable removability.  I know that is human error, but it was less likely to happen if the cable were not removable.

So no, for me, a [possible but not certain] cable failure is not reason enough.  That said...

This is Head-Fi, and sound is everything.  So if they wanted to introduce a swappable cable feature that lets me use a balanced cable, I would be most gratified. 
smile.gif

Well, to each their own, I guess. I'm not overly concerned about it, and it's certainly not a dealbreaker for me, but it's certainly an advantage. Losing earpieces because the cable's easy to remove is a design flaw that's not necessarily inherent to the design. I'd rather have it all (solid construction + removable), but of course if I only have one, solid construction's a better way to go.

Every single earphone I've broken was because of the cable. In all cases, replacing the cable via DIY was enough to 'fix' it, but the housing's more or less gone after that.

And I don't know about you, but warranty doesn't cover usage wear and tear, only manufacturing faults. Unless it does cover wear and tear, in which case, well, good on RHA then!

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #95 of 258
Hi guys,

I bring some good news and bad news. Unfortunately the on sale date for the T10i has been pushed to November due to slight delay in production. We're not expecting any further problems with availabilty, but we'll be sure to keep you updated on exact on sale dates as soon as we have further information.

In better news, we've just announced a small review programme. We're seeking a few community members to share their opinions of the all new RHA IEM with their fellow Head-Fi'ers. Head over to the sponsor forum to check out the application process.

Happy to field any questions you might have, fire away.

Thanks!

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #96 of 258
  Hi guys,

I bring some good news and bad news. Unfortunately the on sale date for the T10i has been pushed to November due to slight delay in production. We're not expecting any further problems with availabilty, but we'll be sure to keep you updated on exact on sale dates as soon as we have further information.

In better news, we've just announced a small review programme. We're seeking a few community members to share their opinions of the all new RHA IEM with their fellow Head-Fi'ers. Head over to the sponsor forum to check out the application process.

Happy to field any questions you might have, fire away.

Thanks!

That sucks, absolutely can't wait to get my hands on a T10i. Having used plasticy custom monitors for years, I'm craving some solid metal earphones.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #98 of 258

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #100 of 258
Fuuuuuuuuuuu...
eek.gif

Some quick first impressions using small tips (my preferred size) and the Reference filters:

Hope they're like MA 750 with faster bass and more mid presence :smile:.

+ 1

Not quite.  There's definitely more mid presence, to a degree where I would say:  if that's your main issue with the MA750, worry no more.  The upper mids and highs are VERY nicely done this time around. No roll-off, nor fatiguing peakyness.  Just an open and airy top end that's very enjoyable.  The low end is very different... it's a deep and well-extended bass, somewhat wet and reverberant for a very spacious and ambient presentation, with some impressive sub-bass to boot.  It's a very audiophiley bas, reminiscent of some good 2-channel room demos I've heard.  It's not a tight/fast/neutral bass, nor warm and smothering mid-bass.

Actually, you know what this T10i kinds reminds me of?  These...

...except without the sibilance.

I was listening to these at IFA yesterday and I have to say I was deeply impressed. I think I am going to order a pair when they start selling.

I liked the treble filters most but I am used to the very bright Tzar 350 so the "reference" filters were to warm to my taste. It is a nice feature to be able to change filters exactly like the AKG K3003i. According to the response frequency the filters should only add +/- 3dB to bass and treble but i think they changed the sound much more.

I haven't tried the other filters yet, but I agree with you in that I think the Reference filters might have a little too much low end for me (I tend to like a leaner and more neutral bass).  Again, just so you guys understand, I'm not talking about warm and oppressive mid bass, more like a deep and impactful sub-bass with ambient mid-bass as that sub-bass starts to taper off before the lower mids.  I'll be trying the treble filters soon.

Definitely wouldn't say warmer overall; though there is a tiny bit of similarity with the MA750i, the T10i's sound signature is much more refined in all areas, especially in the low end.

LOL, with all due respect to RHA, these are pretty different from the MA750.  These are much better!  I can't wait until @Dsnuts and @sfwalcer get a hold of these.  Things are gonna get kinda cray cray.

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #105 of 258
  That all sounds very intriguing indeed!!!

I think you'd like them.  Are you entered in their reviewer search thing-a-ma-jig?  I think I saw you in the thread.  If not, go enter!  
smile.gif

any more updates :grin:

I'm trying to decide if I like the Reference or the Treble filters better.  Believe it or not, that's not proving to be as easy as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the updates! Recessed mids is my main sound signature issue with MA750. My other problem is that I find the MA750's ear hooks to be pretty uncomfortable stand unwieldy - especially while wearing glasses! Have they solved that with T10i?

Welcome!  Yeah, you can kiss the recessed mids good-bye.  
smile.gif

As for the ear hooks, I think you'd like them better, but I don't know if they are the perfect solution for you.  It seems consist of a bendable/shapable wire running though a springed coil.  So the internal wire kind of holds the general shape of the ear hook based on how you bend it, while the spring forms a suspension so that the cables coming down have a bit of bounce.  Seems to kill microphonic noise very well.  The ear hook is not as thick in diameter as the MA750's, nor as rigid.

@warrenpchi How do the T10i's compare to the best IEMs you've heard? I'd love to know if they're as good as the 750's in term of value, considering the price difference. Thanks!

Well, that's a bit tough given differences in signature right?  But let me say this regarding the Reference filters... I think a fair number of 1P2+Uber users could be happy with this as a back-up pair while they are getting their main IEMs serviced/repaired... with the caveat that they'd obviously lose some width in staging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back