New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Dec 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #331 of 542
As long as the microphone, play/pause, previous/next works 750i seems definitely better than 750 for just about 10$. If its just the volume buttons that don't work properly I wouldn't bother much. Can somebody validate if these work. warrenpchi, validated the microphone, play/pause. I would like to know about previous/next functionality. If this too works I'm going in for the 'i' version. Not that I will absolutely need the microphone and others, but they would be handy when necessary. Any reason why I should go for the normal 750 version over the 750i (assuming i use a android phone) ?

thanks.

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #332 of 542
  unfortunately blanket native support is impossible.

Time for my sad face. 
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

Any reason why I should go for the normal 750 version over the 750i (assuming i use a android phone) ?

Nope.  I still find the microphone alone to be incredibly useful for the occasional phone call that comes in. 
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #334 of 542
Finally received the pair of 750s I won from Inner Fidelity, and I found them to have a little too much bass emphasis for listening to music. I don't listen to much bass heavy music, and have always been very detail oriented when it comes to sound, and I didn't think the mids and highs were very detailed. I actually really enjoyed them for watching movies though, in fact probably the best iems I've heard for that, though my experience is rather limited compared to many head-fiers. Most of my iems have been Westones, which while not flat, certainly have a very different sound. My 18 year-old son, however, who listens to a lot of hip-hop and EDM on his Beats/Skullcandy/whatever-the-latest-flavor-is phones, absolutely loves the 750s, in fact they are his new favorites. If the build quality is is good as it looks superficially, they might even last him longer than two months, which would be a nice change of pace. Needless to say, they are now his.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #337 of 542
As long as the microphone, play/pause, previous/next works 750i seems definitely better than 750 for just about 10$. If its just the volume buttons that don't work properly I wouldn't bother much. Can somebody validate if these work. warrenpchi, validated the microphone, play/pause. I would like to know about previous/next functionality. If this too works I'm going in for the 'i' version. Not that I will absolutely need the microphone and others, but they would be handy when necessary. Any reason why I should go for the normal 750 version over the 750i (assuming i use a android phone) ?

thanks.

I would also like to know what does/doesn't work when using with an Android phone.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #338 of 542
I would also like to know what does/doesn't work when using with an Android phone.

I got my earphones last week. I have a HTC one and as expected the mic works, play and pause too works. Both the volume buttons are useless. Double click of center button works for forward but at the same time redails the last dialled number, so is unusable. There is an app which can be bought at playstore to rectify this. However the volume buttons cannot be made to work, you have to live with them. Hope it helps.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #339 of 542
I got my earphones last week. I have a HTC one and as expected the mic works, play and pause too works. Both the volume buttons are useless. Double click of center button works for forward but at the same time redails the last dialled number, so is unusable. There is an app which can be bought at playstore to rectify this. However the volume buttons cannot be made to work, you have to live with them. Hope it helps.

Thanks
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #340 of 542
I'm thinking about getting a pair of MA750i to replace my Westone UM2 due to damaged cable for the second time. By the sounds of it the build quality and durability will probably suit my slightly rough usage. I wonder if the MA750 is a step back in terms of sound quality (or just different) and whether the weight would be an issue if I were to use it when I go for a run?

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #341 of 542
RHA MA750 mini REVIEW

I was so excited when I first saw the official RHA MA750 photos. They looked totally cool and robust that I just wanted to get my hands on them! It was at a time when I was also drooling on the Philips Fidelio S2 then a few weeks later both IEMs were getting a lot of praise. So I ended up sitting on the fence between the two unable to decide which one to get. To make the story short, I didn't end up with any of them because out of nowhere, the Dunu DN-1000 got released and it just felt right skipping both RHA and Philips for the attractively priced Dunu hybrid.

Fortunately, a fellow headfier is kind enough to loan me the RHA MA750! I still keep thinking back what it would've been if I ended up with the MA750 instead of the DN-1000? Now I can finally satisfy my curiosity...

SETUP:   Colorfly C3 > JDS labs C5
                iMac 2011 > Stoner Acoustics UD110v2 > JDS labs C5
                16/44 FLAC and 320kbps MP3

BASS: Bass is what I love about the MA750. Quite forward and to my ears they sound a bit more forward than the Sony MH1. It has powerful authority especially in the sub-bass yet it doesn't sound overwhelming like other IEMs with emphasised bass end. It sounds clean, well controlled, and smooth! I do notice a bit of mid-bass bloat BUT it actually works in its favor; it makes bass guitars sound natural and real. Bass kicks may not sound as tight as balanced armature IEMs but the fast decay and excellent resolution is more than enough to keep me very satisfied. Well done RHA!

MIDS: This is where it feels like a mixed bag to my ears... if I don't listen closely, like lets say I'm outdoors: instruments like guitars sound so natural with great timbre plus the vocals in the lower mids is great - sounds smooth and well placed. Unfortunately, when I do a close A/B comparison vs the T-PEOS H200 it becomes apparent that it lacks just a bit of fullness. I then notice that there is a little bit of a veil in the mids where most vocals are presented. Moving into the upper mids, I hear a bit of sibilance; usually heard with the SSSS's in most female vocals. It hurts my ears when listening at high volume levels but is bearable when you turn it down a few notches. Now, this is not apparent in all recordings but definitely noticeable in most tracks that I listen to regardless of the genre. Overall, if I listen to music at a much lower volume level I wouldn't be too bothered with these flaws. The mids in general is really nice as long as you listen to music in quiet environments where you can keep the volume at maybe 50-60% out of an iPod or @25 clicks out of the C3.

HIGHS: The treble is quite alright in the MA750. I can hear decent detail/resolution and extends quite well but this can only be achieved if you listen at low volume levels. If you turn up the volume a bit, the peaks in some areas at the lower treble will mask and overwhelm the detail that you're suppose to hear from the upper treble. Timbre in the highs may not quite sound as natural as the DN-1000. Timbre is a little thin sounding; a little bit thinner than the T-PEOS H200 making cymbals lose a bit of its natural ringing/clanging sound. If RHA can tame some of the peaks and tune to a more natural timbre in the highs for their next model then it'll be a winner! RHA is definitely heading in the right direction.

SOUNDSTAGE: Personally, I think this is RHA's strength. Their tuning really presents a stage so wide that it is a pleasure listening to live music! It is even wider than my H200 and can stand against the Sony XBA3!

OVERALL SOUND: The MA750 is quite a unique experience for me. It is warm sounding but at the same time cold sounding in the upper frequencies. What really impresses me is how you can listen to any type of genre and enjoy them track by track. Thanks to how RHA tuned the bass end, genre is not a factor in enjoying this IEM. As long as you listen in quiet environments at lower volume levels, you'll definitely love the MA750!

Special thanks to @H20Fidelity for letting me review this unit!

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #342 of 542
I just got the RHA-750i in, must say they sound about as good as my full size ath m50 :O

I was just wondering if i still have the old mesh in front of the driver, i saw on a video that the new mesh is a little bulkier, not sure how it changes the sound or if its only on the non 750 rha's.
Saw it on lachlans video :)

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #344 of 542
  Hey, guys, does anyone know how to contact rha support?

I noticed my left channel is alot louder than my right one, anyone else had this problem?

Hey Aerathion, sorry to hear this!

If you contact the customer care team via our website, they should be able to assist. It's definitely not something we've found to be a common issue.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back