New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Jan 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #362 of 542
That's great thanks for the feedback looking forward to when my pair finally arrive
biggrin.gif

Enjoy onibeats! We're around here fairly often to drop us a message or post in this thread and let us know what you think.

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #363 of 542
RHA Team, I have RHA MA 750i for about 2 Months now, I like thick and warm sound with good sub bass, and this iem are exactly what I was looking for, I love them.
Thanks for a great product at an affordable price.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #365 of 542
Just wanted to give my first impressions of the MA750I's. Sadly its pretty negative but i am assuming that i am one of the unlucky few who got a bad pair.

Just a few things that would have been disappointing if i had a fully functional set.
•Not a single set of silicone tips fit me apart from the double flanged ones, they all slid right out of my ear. But this is forgiven because the memory foam ones were quite nice. My previous set(s) of headphones were klipsch s4a (2)'s and they fit perfectly (shame they don't last). But i guess this is one of those things that is different for every person.
•The packaging left pinch marks all over the cables, it almost looked as if it had damaged the cables

The issues that my pair had in case anyone at RHA is interested. I purchased from amazon (dispatched by amazon).
•One IEM produced no bass at all, tested with both my phone and soundcard, also tested with both ears to make sure im not going death :wink:
•There was glue visible around where the metal and cables joined.
•The volume down button on the inline remote could not be pressed, it was rock solid.
•The cables were quite heavily deformed from the packaging

With IEMs it is really impossible to judge how they sound based on only a single working channel but it sounded pretty good, but since IEMs dont sound as good with only one in i cant comment any further on the positives. After this i will have another look at what headphones are available but may end up trying to get another pair. As i would really like a set of IEMs that can outlast a calender.

But as i said at the start, i got a bad pair so i assume for 99.9% of people the above points are meaningless.

Just a couple questions:
•Does the cable that goes over your ear eventually become a similar shape to your ear as the loops were a little big?
•What is the general consensus on the actual reliability of these IEMs?

Thanks,
aljowen

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #367 of 542
Been listening to RHA-MA750 the past few hours straight from Sansa Zip, I can still highly recommend this IEM for those looking in the $100 area. They do have some really good detailing levels and bass texture for their price, the soundstage is there and quite wide. It had been a while since I listened to them I've been impressed all over again. Dare I say I think they surpass Monster Turbine Pro Copper I have here. 

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #368 of 542

Just a couple questions:
•Does the cable that goes over your ear eventually become a similar shape to your ear as the loops were a little big?
•What is the general consensus on the actual reliability of these IEMs?

Thanks,
aljowen

Hi aljowen,

This is very concerning for us, if you've not been in touch with our customer care team as yet, please do so right away. I'm very sorry you've experienced what is clearly a substandard unit. Hopefully we can get your product replaced asap.

To answer your general questions:

- The cable loops are designed to be fixed, but over time they will have some slight change through usage.
- Thus far, we've not experienced a significant amount of faults with the MA750/MA750i.

Please do let our customer care team know - if you PM us your real name we'll ensure the team looks out of it and expedites your case.

Kind Regards,

RHA

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #369 of 542
Quote: RHA Team
 This is very concerning for us, if you've not been in touch with our customer care team as yet, please do so right away. I'm very sorry you've experienced what is clearly a substandard unit. Hopefully we can get your product replaced asap.

They have already been sent back to amazon. Thanks for the concern anyway.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #370 of 542
I got a MA750i for Christmas and have been using it with great satisfaction. Howver, today I noticed that the filter (if that's what it's called) on both sides loosened. I managed to put the left one back into place but I didn't get as lucky with the right one - it fell straight into the hole below. Do I have to contact customer support or is there a simpler way to handle this?
Also, anything I can do apart from fashioning my own to make the chin slider actually do something (because of the mic)?

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #371 of 542
I got a MA750i for Christmas and have been using it with great satisfaction. Howver, today I noticed that the filter (if that's what it's called) on both sides loosened. I managed to put the left one back into place but I didn't get as lucky with the right one - it fell straight into the hole below. Do I have to contact customer support or is there a simpler way to handle this?
Also, anything I can do apart from fashioning my own to make the chin slider actually do something (because of the mic)?

Hey TooLazy,

We're going to fire you a PM shortly to get a bit more info about this as it's not something we've come across before. Fire us a reply when you can, hopefully we'll get it sorted quickly.

Thanks,

RHA

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #372 of 542
Just bought these and despite initially having problems with ear tip fit (I eventually used an old unused pair from some other IEM... quite likely the ECCI PR401), I'm really digging the sound signature! I like the brightness at the higher end too and if it's true this will calm with burn-in, I'd be almost sorry to lose this sparkle.

I've just listened to them back to back with my previous de-facto IEMs (the aforementioned PR401) and the biggest differences are:
1) the bass boost with the 750i is definitely heavier than the PR401 which sounds less forward and cleaner down low
2) the volume is higher with the 750i (lower impedance?)
3) the soundstage seems narrower with the 750i (perhaps this will improve with burn in?)

We'll see what happens after this pair gets past 50 hours.

In the meantime, a quick question... Has anyone actually managed to squeeze that fat cable into the shirt clip appendage thingy at the back without damaging either? If so, how on earth did you manage to do it???

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #373 of 542

In the meantime, a quick question... Has anyone actually managed to squeeze that fat cable into the shirt clip appendage thingy at the back without damaging either? If so, how on earth did you manage to do it???

Hey wysinawyg!

The cable clip is designed to go on the thinner cables above the split - it can be a bit tricky but it should go on! Hopefully you'll get it.

Thanks.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #374 of 542
Thanks for your feedback! That's what I've been trying, with a hesitance towards any degree of forcing. The single cable below the split is clearly impossible to get in there. Will try again later today. They're still burning in right now and can't wait to have another listen tonight.

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #375 of 542
An update

Since the last replacement back in December, I've had zero issues with these headphones. The cable is a tad long, but I can manage. The only issue might be during summer, when I'm not wearing a jacket or anything, so there's no real place to stuff the cable. I also had some issues with getting the ear tips to actually attach to the nozzles (and having them stay in my ear). I looked around, and ordered a pack of Sony hybrid tips. These, while still difficult to attach, do actually reliably attach and stay in my ear! As a bonus, because they're difficult, they actually stay on the nozzles! Hurray! They also make the headphones sound a bit more open and make them sound less muddled. Double-hurray!

I don't know if it's  the change in ear tips or the burn-in factor, but the sound is much more pleasant than before. No superficial issues to speak of either. The sub-bass is more alive, and the mids and highs (which I thought were the most problematic) cleared up and became smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back