New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #346 of 542
So how do these compare to EPH-100 and MOE SS01?
Is the detail/speed/resolution comparable to BA like B2, DN-1000?

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #347 of 542
I made a thread yesterday in the recommendations section asking about IEMs, but didn't get much of a response.

In case you can't read all that, I'm basically looking for a durable, very well built, well isolating and comfortable pair of IEMs that could suit my preference as a lover of how the Sennheiser HD558s sound.

I was originally working with a $60~ budget, but now I'm thinking of spending a maximum of $150 since these are a need I'll always have. As you can see, I was recommended the EPH-100s in that thread, and although their sound seems very appealing, I was put off by reports of failure. I want this investment to be as safe as possible, since I want the IEMs to last "forever".

So after looking around more in the famous over 300 IEM shootout thread, I came upon these, and obviously their seemingly excellent build quality is very appealing, and they seem to be well reviewed. As someone with a very limited amount of experience in terms of headphones though, I wonder if their sound signature will appease me.

I've been considering this and the GR07 BE, as well as possibly the FXT90s, although the intended over-ear use of the MA750 and GR07 are initially more appealing. Open to more suggestions though.

Any opinions?

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #348 of 542
I think you can find DN-1000 within that budget.

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #350 of 542
I didn't hear any of them, but DN-1000 is triple hybrid with Dual BA TWFK and one dynamic driver for bass. So you get very detailed, neutral and fast mids / highs from the Balanced Armatures and airy, extended bass from the dynamic driver. Maybe somebody who owns both can compare, but I bet that DN-1000 is clear winner.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #352 of 542
I didn't hear any of them, but DN-1000 is triple hybrid with Dual BA TWFK and one dynamic driver for bass. So you get very detailed, neutral and fast mids / highs from the Balanced Armatures and airy, extended bass from the dynamic driver. Maybe somebody who owns both can compare, but I bet that DN-1000 is clear winner.
It always amuses me when people make these kinds of assumptions about products based solely on amount/type of driver used without ever having heard the products in question.

The 750i's are a very capable IEM that I personally think is an absolute steal at it's asking price.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #354 of 542
Glad you found my post amusing. I did not ever say that MA750 are not capable IEM and they sure are steal for the price but DN-1000 are too. Gyrael asked what could be better in similar price so I gave him a suggestion. Also I saw some posts from ppl owning both in this thread claimed DN-1000 to be superior in SQ but the matter of MA750 vs DN-1000 is a still question of sound signature preference more than SQ.
If you really want a steal for a price look for Xiaomi Pistons 2.0. $19 dollar headphones that forced some people to sell their more expensive IEM including KEF M200 :)

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #355 of 542
Well, I really can't afford the DN-1000 anyway, so I'm pretty much gonna order the MA750i unless I get a better suggestion. I really can't find anything better myself.

Check out the ATH IM70. I'm considering these two atm and can't decide which one to go for as both have good reports. From what I gather, the IM70 beats the MA750 slightly in SQ but the MA750 beats the IM70 slightly in build quality.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #356 of 542
Check out the ATH IM70. I'm considering these two atm and can't decide which one to go for as both have good reports. From what I gather, the IM70 beats the MA750 slightly in SQ but the MA750 beats the IM70 slightly in build quality.

Thanks but I already ordered the MA750i. I'd rather have the build quality anyway though. It looks more than slightly better.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #357 of 542
Have had the MA750 for almost 2 months now and it's becoming better with more burning in. Initial 50 to 100 hours wasn't inspiring until now. With 150 hours, it have opened up considerably and I can safely say that it can hold it's ground very firmly against the IM70 having tried it at a local store. Both are really good for the money and sound rather different thus preference would comes into play here. For me, I might just pick up the IM70 as it's really bring something a little different from the MA750 especially the slightly forward vocal presentation as mentioned by most here. Cheers.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #359 of 542
Just wondering how these are for anyone that wears glasses? Normally wear contacts but I have been having issues with my eyesight lately.

I wear glasses and when I'm at work I listen to my RHA750i's for extended periods without any issues.

Jan 29, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #360 of 542
Just wondering how these are for anyone that wears glasses? Normally wear contacts but I have been having issues with my eyesight lately.

We've not had any reports of them proving uncomfortable for glasses-wearers at all! In fact there's a fair few of our team who wear glasses and get along fine with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back