New Releases 2014 - No Records Released Before 2014
Mar 31, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #46 of 143

The Baseball Project - 3rd (2014)

Just released. This is the third album by the supergroup The Baseball Project consisting of Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Scott McCaughey, Steve Wynn, and Linda Pitmon.

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #47 of 143

Gallon Drunk - The Soul Of The Hour (2014)

Noisy rock 'n roll. If you've never heard of the band, there was a time when their leader, James Johnston, took a full-time job with Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. That may give a partial idea of the vibe. I like "The Exit Sign" off this one...

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #48 of 143

Cloud Nothings: Here and Nowhere Else

Great indie post-hardcore. And distressingly catchy. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #49 of 143

Timber Timbre- Hot Dreams

A Canadian band with a low-fi soundscape. Very much presents a Nick Cave/Mercury Rev/cinematic/sadness feel but even more sounding like a refined/slow core Sort Sol (another obscure band).

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #51 of 143

energetic,even powerful, renditions of Dylan's songs with a southern rock/country feel.

Alright, as a Dylan disciple, I'm all over that one! And I learned something... 

I had no idea that Charlie Daniels played on three Dylan albums:  "Nashville Skyline," "Self Portrait," and "New Morning."

Ya learn something every day around here. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #53 of 143

Eels - The Cautionary Tales Of Mark Oliver Everett (2014)

My early impressions aren't that positive, but if you've been following the remarkably prolific recordings of Eels, you're going to have to get it anyway.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #55 of 143

Frankmusik - By Nicole
Released April 27, 2014.

May 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #56 of 143

Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots (2014)

The mastermind behind Blur and Gorillaz releases a new one.

May 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #57 of 143

Aziza Brahim - Soutak (2014)

I watched her perform the other day on Later...with Jools Holland. Have to say, I wasn't expecting that. As soon as she started to sing I was mesmerized. That voice...one could tell, even thru the TV, the change in the studio atmosphere. 
I don't know what she's singing about, even what language, but it sounds beautiful. I got the album straightaway.
Play this album late in the evening when no one's around, and you'll be transported into unknown far away lands where there's harmony and peace.
Best album of the year for me so far.

this's a better version: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SvfLB6bLHM&list=PLJwuCIKcBp00WhQmfa0PPM8cERkGayf5n)

May 6, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #60 of 143
  Red Dragon Cartel  feat. Jake  E. Lee 

I've rarely seen metal players using a Stratocaster-style guitar, although, it can be done of course. I couldn't identify the guitar in the video. It's not a Fender Stratocaster. It's some brand of Strat copy. I think probably Charvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back