New Radiohead album in 5 days!!!
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #62 of 169
I think it lacks some rockability to it, it gets to boring if you aren't home at night with 4 degrees outside and raining madly while cuddling to a blanket and drinking coffee.

I have to say though that the feral track has some awesome bass and out of the head voices.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #63 of 169
Just downloaded....but I won't have a chance to listen until tonight after work. I can't listen to anything at work and concentrate on it.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #64 of 169

Quote:
I'm giving the album a 7/10 for now after several repeats both on speakers and headphones... although I have a sinking feeling it will grow on me.

Track ranking:

Codex
GUtG
Separator
Little By Little
Lotus Flower
MMM
Feral
Bloom

My ranking isn't too different from yours.

And letting it grow on you isn't a bad thing.  Amnesiac was a bit difficult to get into at first, but I've grown to enjoy it like all their albums.

Since I don't have a speaker rig anymore, I'm just listening to them through different headphones.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #66 of 169
It's growing on me...
redface.gif

I have to disagree with all of you... Bloom and MorningMrMagpie are definitely my two favorites.

My least favorite tracks have to be Feral and GiveUpTheGhost.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #67 of 169
Quick review of "king of limbs" Radiohead.

This is clearly a thom yorke's radiohead album. repetitive beats, monotome, electronica with added real timbres. About 35 mins in length 8 songs, short but sweet.

It is a grower..... Like all their albums.  

All songs are similar in sound and have a certain cool, relaxed, lying in the sun feel to them. Dont expect anything to much, just nice relaxing music from the greatest band on earth. 

They have released it unexpectedly the day b4 schedualed in a "XXXX you" marketing ploy, and you've got to give them credit. 

tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #68 of 169

Quote:
Quick review of "king of limbs" Radiohead.

This is clearly a thom yorke's radiohead album. repetitive beats, monotome, electronica with added real timbres. About 35 mins in length 8 songs, short but sweet.

It is a grower..... Like all their albums.  

I have to agree with you on both counts.  The first thing I thought when I heard this was "this is a Thom Yorke album."  The more I listen, the more I like it.  Its about 75 degrees here and sunny today. Absolutely beautiful.   I decided to go for a drive and listen to this album and it was great.  

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #69 of 169

Quote:
I have to agree with you on both counts.  The first thing I thought when I heard this was "this is a Thom Yorke album."  The more I listen, the more I like it.  Its about 75 degrees here and sunny today. Absolutely beautiful.   I decided to go for a drive and listen to this album and it was great.  

Awww man its cold and dark here in UK! got to wait a few months before I can enjoy it lying in the garden ha ha

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #70 of 169
just now getting around to my first listen (dang job!) and am only up to lotus flower.  my initial impressions are that
it isn't as accessible as i expected.  (but isn't the unexpected Radiohead's M.O.?)  lotus flower is lovely.  for a man
in the middle of his life he still has amazing control and range vocally.  very delicate in some songs.

Edit: and i'm glad my 500th post was a Radiohead post.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #71 of 169
Has anyone seen the you tube video of old thom? I hope to god it was his idea, otherwise it looks like they have marketed him to be sexy.

Not that he he isnt anyway...

Not going to go any more cynical than this at this stage. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #72 of 169
Yea to be honest when I listened to it last night at 4am I wasn't digging it too much.
But it is now slowly creeping up on me and sinking in.
Although I'd still like another release for part 2.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #73 of 169
I'm not up to date on Radiohead news and speculation but this album feels like a beginning to me. I'd love for them to release a companion sequel that contrasts starkly in dynamics, sort of like what Amnesiac was meant to be for Kid A.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #74 of 169
After two listens it feels more like a Thom Yorke album than Radiohead. But I do like it, and it will probably be a grower like their other albums.

One thing I noticed though was that the downloaded version is only ~37 minutes, but the album comes on 2 x 10" LPs? Only 2 songs per side? Or will there be more on the album version?

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #75 of 169

Quote:
After two listens it feels more like a Thom Yorke album than Radiohead. But I do like it, and it will probably be a grower like their other albums.

One thing I noticed though was that the downloaded version is only ~37 minutes, but the album comes on 2 x 10" LPs? Only 2 songs per side? Or will there be more on the album version?

Yeah, there is speculation that they will be surprising us with another disc or something. Who knows though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back