New Radiohead album in 5 days!!!
Feb 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #49 of 169
Codex is breathtaking. Very reminiscent of Pyramid Song. Give Up the Ghost seems like a song I've known forever, a favourite residing in the subconscious. These songs have really clicked on second listen.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #52 of 169

Quote:
last 4 songs > first 4 songs

I think this just might be the most slow-burning grower of an album that Radiohead has ever put out.

After a couple of listens, I'm going to have to agree with you that at the moment I'm liking the second half over the first half.

Though that might change the more I listen to it.  But so far it's like it gets better with every track.

Since there was that whole In Rainbows and OK Computer comparison I'm going to need to spend some time comparing The King of Limbs to Kid A over the weekend.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #53 of 169
yeah, this is really a 4 song EP that they decided to put 4 generic house ambient tracks in front of to call an album.  Those 4 songs make up for it though.  

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #55 of 169
Here is an abbreviated review 

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #56 of 169
Kid A has two of my favorite songs ever "Morning Bell" and "Everything in it's Right Place," but the rest of the album is kind of meh to me. I wish they would have gone with that dark electronic-ambient sound more, made it more a theme album. In Rainbows didn't really do anything for me.

On a side note, I went to radiohead's site and found that their new album isn't free.

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #57 of 169
Feral was definitely a song made for headphones though with its soundstaging.  Overall I find it kind of boring, but there are parts that actually scared me the first time I heard it on my AD700's.  I actually looked up and to the right thinking somehow my speakers had been turned on for a second.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back