New Questyle CMA400i
Feb 21, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #796 of 1,014
Hi folks, quick question I cant find on the product page or manual. When you use it as DAC with fixed line out, is both the RCA and the XLR active at the same time?

Feb 22, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #797 of 1,014
I too have wondered this. Unfortunately I do not have any XLR cables to test this. I’m hoping one of our forum friends can help in this matter :p

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #798 of 1,014
Any thoughts on the CMA400i vs the new Twelve? Both are on my short list. My main headphones aren’t super hard to drive but with 470 ohm impedance the extra power from the Twelve sounds like it would be nice.

DAC section looks similar? I feel like the CMA400i may be a much bigger value here but when I go for cost savings that can often end with another purchase much sooner down the line.

I’m coming from a Lake People G109-A and a Gumby.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #799 of 1,014
Hello,

First of all, sorry for crossposting this topic, I will try to make it better in the future.
I am new here and couldn't post it in this thread at my first try.
I have the Questyle CMA400i since two days and it's a good piece of HIFI.
I am using it with a Windows 10 PC with running JRiver on it. Output via USB using Questyle ASIO driver.
I have a lot of Audio files with all possible bitrates. All bitrates are working fine in the setup above. All bitrates will be shown with the correct LED in the front of the Questyle, PCM also as DSD files. Only one bitrate, 352,8 KHz, will not be displayed correct. Depending which file was played before, the Questyle shows a 352,8 KHz file as 44,1 KHz up to 192 KHz, but never correct. Bitrate will be shown correct in taskbar icon of the Windows 10 ASIO driver.
Is anyone here who can confirm this problem?

best regards
Manfred

I think its just something wrong with the display leds, mine would always annoyingly flash the lock led every 6 seconds.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #800 of 1,014
Any thoughts on the CMA400i vs the new Twelve? Both are on my short list. My main headphones aren’t super hard to drive but with 470 ohm impedance the extra power from the Twelve sounds like it would be nice.

DAC section looks similar? I feel like the CMA400i may be a much bigger value here but when I go for cost savings that can often end with another purchase much sooner down the line.

I’m coming from a Lake People G109-A and a Gumby.

DAC section is unchanged, CMA400 definitely better value, plenty of power from the XLR output.

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #801 of 1,014
I think its just something wrong with the display leds, mine would always annoyingly flash the lock led every 6 seconds.

thanks for your reply, but I think this is not the same problem. Mine is to reproduce - "Only one bitrate, 352,8 KHz, will not be displayed correct", it works correct with 384 KHz, which uses the same LED. You seem to have a really LED problem, maybe with contacts.

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #802 of 1,014
thanks for your reply, but I think this is not the same problem. Mine is to reproduce - "Only one bitrate, 352,8 KHz, will not be displayed correct", it works correct with 384 KHz, which uses the same LED. You seem to have a really LED problem, maybe with contacts.

No longer own 400i, one of gain switches failed after a short time.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #804 of 1,014
Has anyone measure the jitter over TOSLINK vs USB? I'm having noise/ground loop issues with my USB connection and was wondering if TOSLINK would be equally good in terms of SQ.
Had ground loop problems trough USB , the same happened with coax. Have not tested the TOSLINK, but I bought a brilliant device. ifi iDefender3.0 https://ifi-audio.com/products/idefender3-0/.

Completely removed the problem, I only had problems on the active monitors and my tube amp. If im not wrong what it does is removing the ground cable in the usb.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #805 of 1,014
As im using both the outputs on the back I had to get a monitor controller to control the volume of my monitors, was annoying to switch the monitors on and off on the back everytime I wanted to use the tube amp plugged into the cma400i.
IMG_20190402_172112.jpg

Apr 14, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #806 of 1,014
Has anyone had any luck in contacting the questyle service center? My units DAC has developed a pretty noticable channel imbalance and also a hum from the right channel when using the 4 pin xlr connector. I have emailed them and have not heard back yet and was wondering if anyone had anything I should try. Thanks!

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #807 of 1,014
Has anyone had any luck in contacting the questyle service center? My units DAC has developed a pretty noticable channel imbalance and also a hum from the right channel when using the 4 pin xlr connector. I have emailed them and have not heard back yet and was wondering if anyone had anything I should try. Thanks!

I wouldnt get your hopes up on getting a response at all, my 400i had a problem with the gain switches underneath leading to imbalance on high gain. 3 months i spent trying to contact them and anyone i though related could help with no replies what so ever, i gave up when i realized there was no customer support and decided to return the 400i and never purchase from Questyle again.

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #810 of 1,014
Question: I have a CMA400i hooked up to my PC via the USB input. Sometimes I don't want to turn my PC on to listen to music, is there a way I can hook up my phone to the 400i? There is no analog in
I have a S8+ so I use a UBS-C to Usb A and connect it via a normal usb audio cable. Works well if you use spdif from your computer instead of usb

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back