New Questyle CMA400i
Sep 1, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #77 of 1,014
So are you guys still holding on to the hopes that it will make it to US market this year? Mine already arrived last week from Singapore with same price.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #79 of 1,014
I hope people start getting impressions up on this soon! I really like the look of it and it could be my go-to choice for when I want to use my 2.5mm trrs earphones at my desk. Gotta find out how capable that high sensitivity mode is before I pull the trigger though.

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #80 of 1,014
Just set a unit up in our demo room (south of england if anyone wants a listen), works really well with the Audeze LCD2 :D

IMG_20170904_120729-01.jpeg

Sep 4, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #84 of 1,014
That sounds like an amazing idea! haha

Well I really like the pairing, that is when using the Aeon with the foam inserts. The foam inserts just make them a little more natural, I find the sound to be a tad too lean without them, the CMA400i has no issues with driving them and highlights their separation and air. You will really like them together :D

The Aeon are awesome, with a very detailed and well separated sound that is resolving and balanced. The CMA400i is very neutral with excellent detail retrieval, it doesn't attempt to boost any part of the sound and thus pairs very well with most headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #85 of 1,014
Hi Oscar

Have you perhaps tested the CMA400i with the HD800 (balanced if at all possible)? If so, would you say there is good synergy?

Well I really like the pairing, that is when using the Aeon with the foam inserts. The foam inserts just make them a little more natural, I find the sound to be a tad too lean without them, the CMA400i has no issues with driving them and highlights their separation and air. You will really like them together :D

The Aeon are awesome, with a very detailed and well separated sound that is resolving and balanced. The CMA400i is very neutral with excellent detail retrieval, it doesn't attempt to boost any part of the sound and thus pairs very well with most headphones.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #87 of 1,014
Hi Oscar

Have you perhaps tested the CMA400i with the HD800 (balanced if at all possible)? If so, would you say there is good synergy?

Tried both balanced and single ended, not a huge difference between the two. Works well if you like the wide separated HD800 sound. I still prefer them out of my Feliks Audio Espressivo tube amp (pictured above), but if you like the clarity and soundstage of the HD800 the CMA400i is great. It drives them well in the way they have body to the sound, but the amp is not a lush and laid back one like most would pair with the HD800.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #89 of 1,014
I'll check today, however the CMA400i is quite neutral and revealing, which may be too much for the HD800. I much prefer a smoother amp for the HD800 :)
He,he,he........ Finally, someone that is being honest enough to recognize that everything the HD800 does with Soundstage information is Not completely neutral as far as what actually exists on the recording. (At least not on well recorded Acoustic recordings,it's not; I much prefer the Neutral sound of the Orchestral music I listen to. The HD800 likes to disregard too much of the more interesting inner detail of the Scoring for the sake of over-inflated,"enhanced", SS width. )

Now, if they could come out with the CMA400 (no DAC section) I would definitely have get in on this. (Or at least add an Analog Input on this amp for those of us who don't need a DAC, looking for a better amp)

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #90 of 1,014
He,he,he........ Finally, someone that is being honest enough to recognize that everything the HD800 does with Soundstage information is Not completely neutral as far as what actually exists on the recording. (At least not on well recorded Acoustic recordings,it's not; I much prefer the Neutral sound of the Orchestral music I listen to. The HD800 likes to disregard too much of the more interesting inner detail of the Scoring for the sake of over-inflated,"enhanced", SS width. )

Now, if they could come out with the CMA400 (no DAC section) I would definitely have get in on this. (Or at least add an Analog Input on this amp for those of us who don't need a DAC, looking for a better amp)

I agree that the HD800 is not a natural sounding headphone and the soundstage is too artificially boosted. Saying that, the HD800s out of my Feliks Audio Espressivo is a superb pairing and one that customers here enjoy a lot.

Regarding the CMA400i, I too would have loved to have seen a set of analogue inputs on it, but I suppose no-one would buy the CMA600i if they did that :D

Would be nice to see a standalone CMA400 amp only though, that would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back