New Questyle CMA400i
Aug 29, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #991 of 1,014
Has anyone ever had success contacting Questyle support?

I've tried sending them numerous emails in the past with no response.

Even tried contacting Bruce Ball from Questyle USA and also no reply.

I've got a damaged CMA400i that needs repair and have no idea what to do in such a situation. :triportsad:

Aug 29, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #992 of 1,014
Has anyone ever had success contacting Questyle support?

I've tried sending them numerous emails in the past with no response.

Even tried contacting Bruce Ball from Questyle USA and also no reply.

I've got a damaged CMA400i that needs repair and have no idea what to do in such a situation. :triportsad:
They have really gotten a lot better with repairs. Just reach out! What broke?

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #993 of 1,014
They have really gotten a lot better with repairs. Just reach out! What broke?
That could be the case but since they never answer their emails, how can I get in contact with them?

Well my unit keeps making a loud popping noise a few times a second when on USB input and with nothing plugged into the rear of the unit using headphones.

When switching to optical, the audio keeps popping and dropping out/stuttering. I've taken the whole unit apart and nothing seems to be physically damaged from the inside.

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #994 of 1,014
That could be the case but since they never answer their emails, how can I get in contact with them?

Well my unit keeps making a loud popping noise a few times a second when on USB input and with nothing plugged into the rear of the unit using headphones.

When switching to optical, the audio keeps popping and dropping out/stuttering. I've taken the whole unit apart and nothing seems to be physically damaged from the inside.
I'd message their contact here, under the account "Questyle".

Sounds like quite the problem there, does turning the volume pot to nil still allow those popping noises to come through? You may try some electrical contact cleaner inside the pot itself. WD40 makes a decent one. I keep it on hand for pots that may act up, though that is rare I've still had to use it sometimes. More than likely though it sounds very defective.

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #995 of 1,014
I'd message their contact here, under the account "Questyle".

Sounds like quite the problem there, does turning the volume pot to nil still allow those popping noises to come through? You may try some electrical contact cleaner inside the pot itself. WD40 makes a decent one. I keep it on hand for pots that may act up, though that is rare I've still had to use it sometimes. More than likely though it sounds very defective.
I will try to do so thanks.

I've already tried spraying some specialized contact cleaner for pots but it makes no difference as the popping sound just gets lower or higher in volume when turning the pot either way.

Oct 2, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #996 of 1,014
Something wired just happened to my CMA400i.

I haven't used the CMA400i for several weeks, maybe months. I turned it on yesterday and it was making the constant clicking sound (the same sound when switching between AMP and DAC mode) about twice per second. The unit was locked in DAC mode and I can't change the mode. The only input was the USB cable to my Windows 10 laptop. I couldn't see CMA400i as a Playback source on my laptop. I unplugged all cables including the power cable then reconnected the power cord and USB cable. The clicking sound continued and it still locked in DAC.

I reinstalled the CAM400i USB driver on my laptop and rebooted the computer a couple of times. Still not working.

I left it powered on for about 15-20 minutes later, it became occasional clicking (once every few seconds). The unit switched to AMP mode by itself. I plugged in a headphones through the 6.5mm connector. There was no sound. I waited for a few more minutes. Eventually the clicking stopped and the CMA400i returned to normal. It played music just fine. It seems that the machine just healed itself.

I do have JRiver Media Center installed on my laptop. Not sure if there is anything to do with it.

Nov 3, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #997 of 1,014

Did you have any success contacting them? I sent a e-mail a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from them. My unit has a similar problem. I think it's the short protection or something that poops itself, mine eventually displays a error message and locks the DAC. I can continue using it after the problem occurs when I use USB input, but I want to use SPDIF and I can't do that with the error thingy. And apparently the e-mail they have on their website doesn't exist

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #998 of 1,014
Did you have any success contacting them? I sent a e-mail a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from them. My unit has a similar problem. I think it's the short protection or something that poops itself, mine eventually displays a error message and locks the DAC. I can continue using it after the problem occurs when I use USB input, but I want to use SPDIF and I can't do that with the error thingy. And apparently the e-mail they have on their website doesn't exist

Try contact them via Headfi DM

Theres a active member who posted about their new CMA fifteen unit.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/questyle-cma-fifteen-—-international-review-tour.961085/

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #1,002 of 1,014
I was able to contact Zach from Questyle through DM and he was very helpful. I would do the same if I were you.

Nov 9, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #1,003 of 1,014
Witam wszystkich, czy jest ktoś, kto ma Windows 11 i Questyle CMA 400i? W oficjalnej sieci jest tylko sterownik dla systemu Windows 10. Planuję przejść z Windows 10 na Windows 11 ale nie wiem czy będzie to w 100% działać na W11. Dziękuję bardzo za wszelkie informacje i miłego dnia
To działa. Używam starej Audirvany na Win 11.

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #1,004 of 1,014
Hi everyone, Zach here from Questyle... about time I chimed in on this chat! Quite embarrassingly, I only recently discovered this thread 😭

As @Charles Bruvson said, the best way to contact us via email is through info@questyle.com . The email address with "audio" at the end often has issues coming through. But now that I'm in this thread, you can also send any questions to me here as well.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jan 8, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,005 of 1,014
I've been searching the net and it seems to me there's only 1 2-channel DAC chip and it's using some "trickery" to convert the 2 channel signal into balanced. Is this correct?

I only need the DAC feature. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back