New Questyle CMA400i
Oct 11, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #886 of 1,014
I've tried contacting Questyle as well with zero response. Just trying to figure out what the output impedance is of the XLR4. Something as simple as this should be listed in the specs. Seems like zero communication is standard for this company. Oh well.

Any other good DAC/amp combos out there I can look at? It's hard to find a nice one. So far, the only other option might be Matrix Element X. But it's $3K.

RME ADI-2 DAC
klipsch heritage

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #887 of 1,014
I've tried contacting Questyle as well with zero response. Just trying to figure out what the output impedance is of the XLR4. Something as simple as this should be listed in the specs. Seems like zero communication is standard for this company. Oh well.

Any other good DAC/amp combos out there I can look at? It's hard to find a nice one. So far, the only other option might be Matrix Element X. But it's $3K.
Questyle is indeed one of the worst company I have come across never respond to any question, they never pickup phone, I tried for 3 months my device was still in warranty and had problems now it is out of warranty, I gave up contacting them.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #889 of 1,014
U could try the Aune S6pro.. almost blind bought that but couldnt audition first.
It has newer dac akm 4497 chip.

Nope. S6 Pro output impedance is 22ohm. Too high for headphones under 170ohms or so. S7 Pro is better at close to zero. But has no DAC. I asked Aune if they had plans to release a new S7 Pro with built-in DAC like the older S6 Pro and they said no.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #893 of 1,014
Weird. Questyle told me via email it is 22ohms on the 6. Can you measure the 1/4" out? Maybe they gave me the wrong spec.

Guess youre mistaken aune with questyle
I measured on my CMA400i
That was your Q wasnt it?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #898 of 1,014
Can these power the abyss 1266 phi ?

Guess they can. With my 300 ohm senns i rarely go beyond 12 o'clock b4 it gets too loud. If u want earsplitting levels better go for the CMA twelve.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #900 of 1,014
Well I am using it as my desktop AMP and still love it, But there is not much more to discover or discuss. It works and when it is broke Questyle don't answer requests for help :)

It has been serving me well since it was released and I have never had an issue with it. The thread is dead, long live the Amp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back