New Questyle CMA400i
Aug 6, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #856 of 1,014
Welcome to my personal hell. My unit has been with Questyle since May 6th and the last communication I had with Bruce, their USA representative, was on May 22nd. Having gotten nothing in over 2 months myself and another user I have been in contact with who is also stuck in this hell have pretty much given up hope on receiving our units back. If you have your unit still I would recommend taking it to a local audio repair place because Questyle doesn't seem to care about those who send their units in for repair. Sorry I couldn't give you much hopeful information but I cannot recommend anyone buy Questyle anything until they get their act together.

A few of us are going to put our combined experiences together about Questyle's service nightmare in the near future, if anyone has anything they want to add to this they can PM me. Hopefully with a few more people we can get them to change and actually provide service on their units.
Thanks for support and I am very disappointed with Questyle support, I will never buy their product again, and yes we should raise our voice in this forum to highlight the poor after sale support of questyle so others are not burnt with same experience.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #858 of 1,014
Its such a bugger they dont respond.. looks like Astell & Kern in the early days. While they have such great sounding products. And its not the engineers who invented the machine to blame that the commerce devision is messed up and unresponsive.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #859 of 1,014
Anyway im in musical bliss now im using only the amp section with my Mojo and AK120! :darthsmile: The amp IS the strongest link in the chain. ive made a modification feeding the analog signal straight in the volume pot using a high quality Nec relay.
I can just switch forth and back between the digital section and line in.

20190807_193851.jpg

This also works on the Twelve since it has the same circuit setup.
I might write up a how to if ppl are interested, ive made alot of pics during the process.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #860 of 1,014
Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #861 of 1,014
Now playing around for a while. The 400i's amp really makes the mojo shine. I was about to sell mojo cause of its recessed soundstage but now keeping it a while longer. It gives more air compared to mojo's amp by itself not to mention deeper Bass!. Guess it has to do with the current being delivered by 400i now. Having an amp with 0 to 600khz frequency response makes a difference. Its also easy to AB compare with the internal ak chip with the switch. Now i also know mojo has no extra delay as mentioned in its thread.

Having my set up as follows pc foobar> 400i USB in > 400i coax spdif out to mojo coax in > mojo line out to 400i analog in > balanced out to HP.

For anyone interested: the digital output only works with 400i's usb input. Theres nothing about it in the manual.
(Even if i select another input, usb translated data keeps being send out)
I can also report DSD is not being digitally outputted by 400i but PCM tested to 24/192 works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #863 of 1,014
I have an idsd micro bl for my focal clears. How does the cma 400i compare to the BL ?

I own both ot them and the Clear as well (fantastic headphone btw) and I got to say, the CMA 400i is in a different league. It is better pretty much everywhere, but most importantly it is really musical.
And you can use the Clear in balanced mode which is definitely a plus, with regards to dynamics and additional power.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #866 of 1,014
would it be better to buy an ex demo product for example from a well known store (I'd be sure it works) or buy it new ?

I'm totally happy with mine, just bought 2nd hand for €400. Would be hard finding something better. I did read in this thread that u shouldnt toggle the gain switches too much. They're kinda fragile. Well i dont have ultra sensitive iems so they remain on high gain.
And don't send a unit direct to Questyle for service if needed.. i red users didnt got it back in long time. Not sure if they eventually did.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #867 of 1,014
I have an idsd micro bl for my focal clears. How does the cma 400i compare to the BL ?

I have heard the ifi Ican which is an amp only. I can say it sounded a bit warmer compared. But i haven't heard iDSD. Cant comment on that.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #868 of 1,014
Just update regarding my unit :

Well i received the unit today, problem fixed, i guess bought it from offline and from authorized dealer helps a lot, invoice also keep safely to make sure warranty service provided from representative agent, i;m worried before now i;m satisfied with the result as for now

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #869 of 1,014
I wonder when Questyle comes with a new model.. with new generation dac chip.. IF they come. 400i is still latest in this price segment.

Sep 5, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #870 of 1,014
Have acquired myself a Chord Qutest dac. Now this combined with 400i's amp section really enters another league. Ow long nights listening are coming :headphones:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back