*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series Universal Fit IEMs
Nov 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #46 of 218
  Does the JH Roxanne custom include the steel tube wave guide and new crossover?

No it does not.  I saw on one of the Roxanne threads a while back that they could not use the new crossover in anything, but the full metal jacket universal fit line. I would guess no on the steel tube wave guide as well but I really do not know.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #47 of 218
If you have previously bought a JH/AK branded Universal IEM and can produce the receipt we will honor that as your first purchase to join the loyalty program.

How do I do that on my account? I have an account on JH Audio (which I made sometime back when considering a custom fit), and I also bought an JH/AK Roxanne 2.

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #52 of 218

No it does not.  I saw on one of the Roxanne threads a while back that they could not use the new crossover in anything, but the full metal jacket universal fit line. I would guess no on the steel tube wave guide as well but I really do not know.

Your information is untrue. All versions of the Roxanne have Steel Tube wave guide and 4th order Crossover. That includes CIEM, Full Metal Jacket Series, and the new Performance Series In or original post it stated this. Please contact me whenever you have a question on Twitter at @inearbear when ever you have questions. I love the forums but get your information from actual JH Audio people.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #53 of 218

Your information is untrue. All versions of the Roxanne have Steel Tube wave guide and 4th order Crossover. That includes CIEM, Full Metal Jacket Series, and the new Performance Series In or original post it stated this. Please contact me whenever you have a question on Twitter at @inearbear when ever you have questions. I love the forums but get your information from actual JH Audio people.

As a past owner, I don't think the early (2014?) Roxanne Custom / Roxanne Universal / AKR03 have steel tube... :frowning2: But they do have 4th-order crossover.

The steel tube was introduced in the 1st gen of Angie / Layla.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #60 of 218
Hi Riley

I actually took over at JHAudio as President just prior to manufacturing the first Universal Roxannes.and just shortly after the first Roxanne customs were built. So to Clear up any confusion.

1- The first universal JH branded Roxanne did not have the new crossover or steel Tube Waveguide.

2- the AK branded AKRO3 had the first version of the Steel tubes but not the new crossover.

3- the new Crossover was developed for the AK Carbon fiber Layla 1 which also uses the steel tube wave guide.

4- These 2 features were then carried over to the CIEM version of the Layla.

5- We then introduced the full metal Jacket series which Rosie, ANGIE, Roxanne, and Layla all used Steel tube wave guide. Roxanne and Layla incorporated new cross overs at this point.

6- early this year we incorporated Steel Tube Wave guide into the Custom versions of 13v2, 16v2, Angie, and Roxanne. Roxanne also received the 4th order Crossover.

7- now all three of the new performance series models 13v2, 16v2, and Roxanne all have Steel Tube wave guide and Rox and Layla have 4th order crossovers.

We use a 4th order cross over in the Layla and Roxanne to achieve the voicing and response we were chasing when they were developed.

Cross overs configurations vary throughout our line and are based the number of drivers and the particular voicing Jerry is looking for from any given model.

I hope this chronology of the development cycle of these products helps clear up any confusion. I may not know everything my friend but I have been deeply involved with all these products from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back