*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio Lola™ Hybrid CIEM and Universal
Apr 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #16 of 69
Interesting product. I have always felt that dynamic IEMs did mids much more naturally, but often had flabbier bass and less natural highs than BA in-ears. This decision makes a lot of sense.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #17 of 69
Interesting product. I have always felt that dynamic IEMs did mids much more naturally, but often had flabbier bass and less natural highs than BA in-ears. This decision makes a lot of sense.

God!  I'd love to A/B them with my Angies.  Sometimes, I think the vocals are somewhat subdued with the A's.  Be curious to see what dynamic drivers could do to the mids.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #18 of 69
I'm very curious and I'd love to hear the Lola myself, but I do not find the mid subdued on the Angie II. On the contrary, I find them a little too mid centric. But excellent non the less.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 69
I'm very curious and I'd love to hear the Lola myself, but I do not find the mid subdued on the Angie II. On the contrary, I find them a little too mid centric. But excellent non the less.

My statement was a bit in error.  I meant to say that vocals sometimes sound a bit more subdued.  But, I hope there's a way to audition them, somehow.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #23 of 69
I heard these at Canjam and I'm really interetedin hearing more of them.  But more important, I SAW them at Canjam and they are SEXY!  That thing is made out of carbon fiber with strands of copper woven in it.  I think they called it "lightning strike carbon fiber".  The pics don't do it justice, it's just gorgeous.  I fully admit that my impressions of the sound are influenced by how awesome it looks.  lol

Looking forward to getting more time with them in the coming months!

Quote:
  Is there any product he doesn't like?

There's a big difference between liking everything you hear and only talking about the things you like.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #24 of 69
...I SAW them at Canjam and they are SEXY!  That thing is made out of carbon fiber with strands of copper woven in it.  I think they called it "lightning strike carbon fiber"...

LSCF has been in use in the custom-knives industry for the past five years or so - verrrry nice. Here's a sample of it on a beautiful Microtech c/o Monkeyedge (an awesome dealer state-side):

MTK0072-MV154-6.jpg

I love the stuff albeit I don't have any (folder) with it but you're 100% right, it's some really awesome-looking CF
cool.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #25 of 69
That's awesome!  

/me rushes off to look up LSCF knives... sees pricing and backs away slowly...

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #26 of 69
Apr 14, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #27 of 69

...and It's just like IEMs... one just ain't enough... 
biggrin.gif

Is that your collection?  Sexy.  I just have a single Benchmade Axis Lock that I've had for about... 17 years now.  Old enough that I can't easily find a pic on Google, but such is life.  

Anyways, back to the Lola, who walks like a woman but talks like a man.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #29 of 69
Does the Lola come standard with the carbon copper shell?  The pre-ordering system on the jhaudio website makes no mention of it, nor is it available as a shell option. I'm in the market for a new CIEM and these look like the right price and sound.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #30 of 69
  Does the Lola come standard with the carbon copper shell?  The pre-ordering system on the jhaudio website makes no mention of it, nor is it available as a shell option. I'm in the market for a new CIEM and these look like the right price and sound.

That's my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back