*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio Lola™ Hybrid CIEM and Universal
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69
Jerry Harvey Audio is introducing a new in-ear monitor, Lola™, at this weekend’s CanJam Los Angeles! Get a peek of this new Hybrid beauty in the CanJam SoCal Preview Video.

Jerry Harvey Audio Lola™: Redefining IEMs Using Hybrid Technology

Jerry Harvey has spent a lifetime working in live audio.  Along the way, quite famously, Alex Van Halen asked him to look into In-Ear Monitors, a technology that was in its infancy. Unable to find a suitable audio reproduction in the products available, Jerry designed the industry’s first 2-way custom IEM. Since that day over 25 years ago, Jerry has gone on to innovate, redefine, and lead the industry in both the Professional Touring and Audiophile markets.

With the introduction of the Lola™ Hybrid In-Ear Monitor, Jerry Harvey once again introduces a new paradigm shift in what an IEM can do!

The Magic is in the Midrange.

Custom IEM designs have mainly used Balanced Armatures due to the size limitations of the custom shell and when implementing Hybrid designs, many favor using dynamic driver technology as Bass drivers. Jerry Harvey’s breakthrough quad driver designs use multiple Balanced Armatures, and when implemented correctly have very tight, accurate bass response and great high mid to high frequency extension. Though, Jerry felt they lacked warmth and air in the mid bands from 200Hz to 3kHz.

With Jerry’s history of working in live audio reproduction, he has tuned 100’s of large arena PA systems and has long favored the natural, airy sound of 12 inch Dynamic cone midrange drivers. The task was to overcome the limit of size.

Innovation: D.O.M.E Technology

Enter Jerry Harvey and his all-new patent pending D.O.M.E™ (Dual Opposed Mid Enclosure) technology to shake things up! In order to get the response he was looking for in this new piece, Jerry sourced 4.9mm dynamic drivers and designed a phase-correct band pass enclosure to house them inside the IEM. This tuned enclosure is custom 3D printed in our lab and holds two 4.9 dynamic drivers that oppose each another, giving Lola™ a 9.8mm effective midrange driver in a small package.

Lola’s Hybrid design utilizes a proprietary Dual Low Balanced Armature covering from 10Hz to 200Hz, the mid utilizes D.O.M.E™ technology which handles 200hz to 3kHz, and a Quad Balanced Armature from 3khz to 20kHz. 

Lola™ also features Freqphase™ technology, proprietary 4-pin connectors, and 10dB of user adjustable Bass response that JHAudio IEMS are famous for!

Lola™ is a game changing IEM.

Lola™ Hybrid IEMs feature Dual Low and Quad High Balanced Armatures and Dual Dynamic 4.9mm Drivers that utilize patent pending D.O.M.E™ Midrange Enclosure Technology.

Lola™ is a balance of power, detail, and warmth. Quick in its bass response, extraordinary in its detail, extension out to 20kHz and a natural, silky, airy gorgeous midrange courtesy of our D.O.M.E™ technology.  Lola™ has an extraordinary analog sound stage that complements string instruments, as well as vocals, and makes a ‘58 Les Paul through a Marshall 4x12 cabinet sound kick ass.

Lola™ Custom In-Ear Monitor

Features:
  1. 8 Drivers per Side: Proprietary Dual Low B.A, D.O.M.E™ technology with Dual Dynamic 4.9mm Drivers, Proprietary Quad High B.A. (U.S. Patent No. 8,897,463)
  2. Moon Audio 4-Pin cable with Machined Aluminum Locking Collar and Variable Bass Attenuators for User Adjustable Bass (0 +/- 15db).
  3. Stainless Steel Freqphase™ time|phase Waveguide (U.S. Patent No. 8,925,674)
  4. Integrated 3-way Crossover
  5. Triple Bore
  6. Noise Isolation -26db
  7. All-New Aluminum Billet Top Loading Carrying Case

Specs:
  1. Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
  2. Input Sensitivity: 105 @ 1mW
  3. Impedance: 16 Ohms

US Retail Custom Lola™ IEM: $1,745.00

Lola™ Performance Series Universal Fit IEM

Lola™ will also be available as part of the JHA Performance Series in a 3D-printed Universal Fit shell for custom-like fit without the need for ear impressions!

Features & Specs are the same as Custom model, including:
  1. State-of-the-Art 3D-printed Universal Fit Shells
  2. Custom Lighting Strike Carbon Fiber Faceplates with Copper JHA/Lola™ Logos
  3. 3 Sizes of Comply™ Foam Tips
  4. 3 Sizes of Silicone Tips

US Retail Lola™ Universal Fit: $1,599.00

Preorder information will be coming soon. Be the first to hear Lola™ this weekend at CanJam SoCal!

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 69
Excellent news looking forward to hearing some impressions on these, Jude seems to like these a lot.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 69
Mm...I have the Layla (original version). Looking forward to reading reviews of the Lola. Will it outperform the Layla I or II? Price seems reasonable and I generally like hybrids (am using K3003i, FAD Pandora's Hope VI). Jude's comments about the Lola is a good sign. His comments about the Focal Utopia (when it was first revealed) is what made me order the Utopia without auditioning it. Faith rewarded.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 69
Headfi video says it's JH's best IEM.

Interesting. And good price.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #7 of 69
I would be happy to see any review of any IEM of the Performance series. I tried one on the JH13v2 but dead silent for all other models. 

Do JH ever do any review tours? I know a few people (myself included) in the UK who would love a chance to hear any of the new series! Wishful thinking, but you never know, eh? :wink:

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #9 of 69
Fascinating, the only thing that gets me excited about audio nowadays is innovation and here it is!

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 69
Fascinating, the only thing that gets me excited about audio nowadays is innovation and here it is!

Very innovative! I'm quite intrigued.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #11 of 69
I left jh audio ship after Layla, great build quality but sound wasn't on par with current totl like Vega, Oriolus etc imo.
This, however looks interesting,i think he might win a few of us back with this one

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #12 of 69
Very innovative! I'm quite intrigued.

Agreed, we should all support those who are actually innovating because it benefits everyone in the end. The dual mid dynamic drivers is an interesting choice given that the majority of manufactuers-in fact all of them that I've seen-who implement hybrid designs do so by placing the dynamics in the low end not the mids. I suspect placing them in the mids will result in more life like mids with more dynamism and decay-similar to a good tube amp. Jerry may have hinted at this with his reference to lack of warmth in the mids.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #14 of 69

I am still new to IEM's.  I got my first ones, the Noble Savant Wizards in a cool blue swirl when they first came out.  They are outstanding, but really lacking in the bass and in a few other areas.  I have been holding off getting anything new as so many things are on the market, but being an audiophile I won't buy unless I hear first. I've been waiting on a pair of Cosmic Cans that Headphone.com is working on as it's supposed to be killer.  I don't need state of the art for travel, but I have an Ayre QX5/20 DAC that has the best headphone amp I've ever heard and I'd love something to match it for Sunday morning listening etc...

I want a CIEM this time as I don't know what buds fit my ears properly as I'd have to spend too much money to order them all and then waste many.  It's a personal thing I guess.  I've been interested in the Katana's or the K10's that they just changed, but this one is intriguing.  I got to hear JH in Japan at a huge department store two years ago and was turned off. Honestly, I liked their third one down better than their top two.

Sounds like this would change things. I like bass like everyone else, but all too often in headphones it bleeds into the mids.  I also like to hear what's on the recording and not what a headphone or IEM adds to make you think that their bass is outstanding and deep.  I've only heard a handful of headphones get tight low bass where you can actually hear bass notes and not just thud thud thud.

All too often the mids, for me, are wayyyy too forward or so lacking that it sounds nothing like real music.  One thing I feel the Savants get down pretty good are their mids.  That's why I"ve been in no rush to change.

I wish there was someplace to listen to these new JH's vs the newest Nobles to figure out the sound differences.  

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #15 of 69
I like the low sensitivity (105dB). Will not need to worry about pairing with high power gears, back ground hiss etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back