New pricing on Penguin The "Caffeine" Amp
Aug 28, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #63 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by aBc.CaN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm happy with the FiiO E3, but want to try The "Caffeine". At US$50 it seems really cheap comparing it to the US$64 JDS Labs CMOY BB amp.

I'm waiting for another secondhand The "Caffeine" amp in the F/S section - I missed out EFN, who knows I might get it third-hand off your purchaser if they upgrade!

I don't think you ought to have two low end amp. If you have extra money.,you can looking for a decent earphone.

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think you ought to have two low end amp. If you have extra money.,you can looking for a decent earphone.

I second that. But the Cmoy will definitely be better than the Fiio. You can get some nicely built ones on ebay for less than what you'd pay for the Penguin amp. You can also see if someone on HF will build one for you in the WTB section.

Aug 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it me or have prices gone up? I was on the Penguin amp (international) website and the cosmetically flawed version was US$49. It's US$55 today!

Weak U.S. dollar? The Euro hit a low in April of ~1.29 against the U.S. dollar. It has been rallying ever since to a recent value of ~1.43.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back