New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Oct 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #466 of 557
I thought Karate Kid was an all-time classic !

(I actually dredged it up from an episode of Family Guy - Seth MacFarlane ruthlessly mines the oldies)

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #467 of 557

This is what you and I remember... the classic...

But this is what most people think now... uh...

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #468 of 557

Quote:
@ estreeter - Remember that you probably need to be at least in your 30's to even get that reference

I'm well over 30, but the reference was just lame.
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #473 of 557
We're all too busy listening to our XM6s to actually talk or write about them. ^^

Quote:
It's odd how the activity on this thread has dropped off so dramatically.  This amp, along with the XM5, seem to be incredibly well featured for the money.  

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #475 of 557
I've managed to completely forget about the AUX on the XM6. I should look into that again.

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #476 of 557
A little off current topic...but I thought I would ask here before posting a new thread. Has anyone heard of any reason why James would not be replying to emails etc. I have been a long time PD customer..and never had him take more than a few days to reply. I am having an issue with the wheel on the back of the Xm6 that advances, pauses etc when using as a dac. It seems to be stuck in and doesn't work. I have never used the dac..I bought the xm6 for the other features and was planning on selling it due to no more need for it. Well I discovered the problem when checking it over before listing. I emailed James 4 weeks ago..and again a week ago to no success. Just wondering if anyone knows anything. I know they can take awhile sometimes...but never more than a few days for me in the past as stated earlier. Thanks...

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #479 of 557
Thanks both of you for the reply...I will have to stand by with hopes that they will get with me soon I guess. I just bought a p-51 Mustang about 3 weeks ago that fits my current setup so well. Want to try to recoupe some of the $ of my XM6 by selling it here to help pay for the P-51. Always had great service from PD...just waiting...

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #480 of 557
The XM6 is currently on the top of my list. I'm looking for a amp/dac combo unit and the XM6 looks exciting. I'm having a hard time deciding between it and ibasso's offerings. A little disappointing that DAC only handles 16-bit and upscales it, but I guess there aren't many portable amp/dacs that manage 24/96 other than dacport etc. which wouldn't suit my use with it being usb powered.

If the XM6 had optical/spdif and a 24/96 capable receiver I would buy it in a heartbeat, although if there is a lack of communication from PD, that is a little bit worrying. 

Basically I'm looking for a portable amp/dac that could get the most out of my Starkey SA-43 CIEMs and my Galaxy Note(softmodded to accept usb audio) now that I've rebuilt my library with 24-bit files.

Is there a XM7 on the horizon? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back