New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Sep 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #436 of 557

Quote:
No, I wouldn't say the 8610 is brighter, just brings out more detail in the music.  I don't think any of the OpAmps are really brighter than the others.
But that's just my impression, YMMV...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Ahh, I see.

My shipping label was created a couple days ago, and it still hasn't shipped. lol. I keep checking the tracking number multiple times throughout the day too. It's taunting me! =P

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #437 of 557
     Quote:

Ahh, I see.

My shipping label was created a couple days ago, and it still hasn't shipped. lol. I keep checking the tracking number multiple times throughout the day too. It's taunting me! =P

It may show up sooner than you think.  Those trackers take forever to update.

Good Luck!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #440 of 557
Santa Claus (UPS man) just came through the door with my XM6! 

It's too busy at work right now and I don't have time to listen... I opened everything to take a peak though. hehehe. Very excited to get a chance to listen tonight. :D

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #442 of 557
Read through the entire thread as I'm looking for a good dac/amp for my MacBook Air.  Has anyone tried the xm6 with the 8610's and no buffer?  Kind of like a Leckerton UHA-4?  

I have a mini3 with the 8397, and I like the sound....I can get the 8397 with the xm6, but to be honest, with my headphones I might not need all that gain and current capability, but I'm not sure. (Senn HD380 and AD M50's).  I already know I can't drive my 701's with the 8397's, so I'm not going to try that again.  Just wondering...

Guess I'm asking if anyone had compared this xm6 with the Leckerton products?  Apples and oranges current capacity wise, but...?

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #443 of 557
I bought the XM6, fully loaded with extras. He even gave me a red version at my request. It sounded great, but the channels were imbalanced. I think the left was louder than the right. I sent him an email, and I didn't hear back. I emailed again three days later, still nothing. A week later, I sent a final email asking for a refund, and I finally got a response. He said that he was busy, apologized, and asked if he could fix it. By then, I wasn't willing to cooperate any more, I just wanted out.

Buyer beware.

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #444 of 557
Anyone else have problems with channel imbalance? My XM6 has very noticeable imbalance at low volume levels, but it seems to even out before I even get to my normal listening levels.

Quote:
I bought the XM6, fully loaded with extras. He even gave me a red version at my request. It sounded great, but the channels were imbalanced. I think the left was louder than the right. I sent him an email, and I didn't hear back. I emailed again three days later, still nothing. A week later, I sent a final email asking for a refund, and I finally got a response. He said that he was busy, apologized, and asked if he could fix it. By then, I wasn't willing to cooperate any more, I just wanted out.

Buyer beware.

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #445 of 557

Quote:
Anyone else have problems with channel imbalance? My XM6 has very noticeable imbalance at low volume levels, but it seems to even out before I even get to my normal listening levels. 

Mine has a noticeable channel imbalance at lower volumes, which sucks, because my Ultimate Ears UE4 are really sensitive, and I can't turn the volume knob up enough to get past it. I end up having to press the 75 ohm imp switch to get past it into normal listening levels. =/

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #446 of 557
Almost every single amp I've ever listened to has had channel imbalance at the lower limits (with the exception of those with digital and/or stepped attenuators). Higher gains just make it more noticeable.

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #448 of 557
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #450 of 557
Apples to oranges to pears?

This is the first I've head of the Dr. Dac Nano though... interesting little device, and it's got the audiophile approved AD8397 in it. Seems comparable to the E10 and uDac2, though no volume control, but optical converter. Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back