New portable amps from Meier Audio?!?
Jan 29, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #61 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine came with the Jameco 12V 500 ma elpac - it seems to work great. Don't know where to find one - though - I suppose some electronic parts supplier (e.g. Mouser, etc.).

Walmart has "universal" units that fit just about anything - you might check them out. I think they're about $15, or so. Have no idea how they'd sound.

Better watch yourself with the walmart ones. I've had them obliterate sound with a loud ringing in the signal in the past with them, they aren't regulated very well.

Maybe try here?
Power Supplies | Newark.com

Jan 29, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #63 of 73
Well hopefully and it shouldn't have an internal recharging kit. So I can use some iPower Li-Poly.
biggrin.gif
But yeah. Why concern about the battery if you're getting the 2Move? It can be powered via USB which means there's no need for a battery. Unless you're planning to use it for both a USB DAC and an amp of course.

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #65 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2Move is twice larger than Pico!
And twice less expensive
biggrin.gif

That's what is drawing me to the 2move.

David

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #66 of 73
Some-time reader, first-time poster on this likely-to-be-pricy forum...

I'm thinking about getting a 2Move, hopefully the amp is as good as the Move and the DAC is better. Can some reviews be expected here anytime soon?

My question: Is connecting the headphone out of an Amp/DAC like the 2Move to a receiver wise or rather senseless? Just wondering if it would be a better way for connecting my notebook to the stereo compared to straight out of the notebook's headphone jack.

Of course main usage of this would be 'Notebook USB or iAudio4 => 2Move => HD595' but occasionally 'Notebook USB => 2Move => Receiver' would be nice as well.

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #67 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by TriAll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some-time reader, first-time poster on this likely-to-be-pricy forum...

I'm thinking about getting a 2Move, hopefully the amp is as good as the Move and the DAC is better. Can some reviews be expected here anytime soon?

My question: Is connecting the headphone out of an Amp/DAC like the 2Move to a receiver wise or rather senseless? Just wondering if it would be a better way for connecting my notebook to the stereo compared to straight out of the notebook's headphone jack.

Of course main usage of this would be 'Notebook USB or iAudio4 => 2Move => HD595' but occasionally 'Notebook USB => 2Move => Receiver' would be nice as well.

Thanks!

If you don't already have a source with a dedicated lineout, the DAC of the Move and likely 2Move are better to use then the average notebooks. Headphone amplifiers are not typically recommended for recievers, but in that case, its probably the best you've got.

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #68 of 73
Just received my 2Move. It is playing from my Nano right now and it does sound great. However, the only thing I've got to compare it to is a cMoy. Also, the USB DAC was picked up immediately by my PC and I could tell straight away that it was an improvement on the PC sound card. I need to sit down and do some listening now.

The service from Jan is fantastic. Very fast delivery and great communication. And the amps (I got an Arietta as well!) are very well packaged.

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #69 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hingy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my 2Move. It is playing from my Nano right now and it does sound great. However, the only thing I've got to compare it to is a cMoy. Also, the USB DAC was picked up immediately by my PC and I could tell straight away that it was an improvement on the PC sound card. I need to sit down and do some listening now.

The service from Jan is fantastic. Very fast delivery and great communication. And the amps (I got an Arietta as well!) are very well packaged.

Great, looking forward for some more detailed review(s).

Do you know if Vista supports it?

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #70 of 73
Feb 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #71 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note I reterminated yours to the correct plug. The ones from Jameco won't directly work on the Move without some work.

itsborken,

I now own your corda move and plug. I can confirm that it's a great power supply and the move sounds marvelous with it. Thanks for the hard work of finding and constructing a great PS.

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #72 of 73
I ordered my 2Move. It should be here in the next week or two. BTW: has anyone had any luck removing the "comic" lettering on top of any of the amps?

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back