New portable amps from Meier Audio?!?
Jan 26, 2008 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

Rednamalas1

Headphoneus Supremus
Meier-Audio

He has put up pictures of couple of new amps on his website!!
CORDA XXS and Corda 2MOVE!!
Corda XXS is 8.8 x 4.7 x 2.2 cm amp and Corda 2MOVE is slightly bigger with DAC function.

If this is old news, let me know
biggrin.gif

I'm dying to find out how this sounds!!

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 73
The new (and cleverly named IMO) "2Move" is an updated version of the Move, which has improved jacks, a better battery door, and an upgraded USB DAC versus the original Move. The amplification circuitry is the same (which is to say, excellent, again IMO).

I have no clue what the XXS is, although if I had to guess, it is the non-limited edition version of the HeadSix, which is both limited edition, and a percentage of the sale of which Meier Audio donates to head-fi.

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 73
@ Skylab
That sounds like a good guess to me. The 2move looks to be very intersting. Also looks like you might have another amp or two to review huh!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #5 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! Skylab!!
I was wondering why isn't there a post about this already when Meier audio showed a new product.
Come to think about it, XXS looks identical to headsix
biggrin.gif

It does look like the Headsix, and IMO it was built for the masses of members who missed out on the Headsix (I wasn't one of them, thank goodness!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

BTW, New future XXS owners may want to check out my new thread on a case that would be perfect for both the XXS and Headsix (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/att...arning-289623/)

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Skylab
That sounds like a good guess to me. The 2move looks to be very intersting. Also looks like you might have another amp or two to review huh!
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL! Actually, though, I will not review the new 2Move, as its performance as a headphone amp is identical to the Move I already reviewed (per Jan). Only the DAC is different in terms of sonics, and my portable amp review does not include DAC performance.

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 73
This is news to me. And I love it that Jan is still preferring a 9V battery rather than an internal Li-on. Not saying Li-on is bad, but I prefer a battery which can be changed with ease and the ability to carry a spare battery if the one in the amp runs out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 73
I wonder how much an improvement the 2Move's DAC is over the old Move's DAC. Also interested how the DAC compares to the DAC that is in the Pico (which the upcoming Ibasso D2 also shares).

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 73
I wonder if the case for the XXS would fit the Headsix. I would imagine it would. I hope the good Dr. would be willing to ship them out so some of us Headsix users can get that little bit of cosmetic upgrade (for a price of course).

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #12 of 73
I think the XXS stands for 'xtra xtra small'... it looks like a HeadSix but in a new case.

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #13 of 73
I must admit that the black XXS finally looks all black as opposed to the Black Headsix's Black/Silver blend, this amp is more suited for the all-black PMP owner while the Silver one is for the Silver unit owner.

As for the carrying case, I don't think that Dr. Meier is currently offering one, so you'll have to do with that cell phone case idea that I used for my Headsix, hell, it should also work with the XXS as well provided they are indentical to the Headsix in size, in which I believe it is.

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #14 of 73
I'm sorry I didnt make it clear. Wrong choice of words I suppose. What I meant was actually replacing the metallic casing/exterior of the Headsix and the XXS. Sorry fellas

Jan 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #15 of 73
I would assume that XXS could cost a bit more than headsix...but probably not by much, considering how Jan always puts reasonable price tags on his stuff - Arietta, MOVE and porta corda
biggrin.gif
- it shouldn't be too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back