New portable amps from Meier Audio?!?
Jan 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #31 of 73
This 2Move is excatly what im looking for (price).
tongue.gif

Anyone remember how much was the old Move?

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #32 of 73
IIRC, $225 USD.

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #33 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To kind of answer my question about the difference between the PCM2702 and PCM2704 (at least technical difference), according to the specs the 2702 has a 105 SNR compared to 98 on the 2704, and .002% THD+N compared to the 2704's .006%.

This sounds promising. Anyone know of any other amps out there currently using the 2702 or will the Move2 be the first?

Can't wait to hear Jan chime in more on the Move2.

--Chris

The Go Vibe "Petite +DAC has a USB DAC chip PCM2702, which does not need driver program."

This was stated in the amp's manual sheet.

To me, the DAC works great in the Go Vibe Petite + DAC, and I am loving it.

Cheers.
cool.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #35 of 73
Hi there!

Since Saso posted some of my pictures here I have to give you some details.
wink.gif

The DAC of the 2Move is the "PCM2702". The old version uses the "PCM2704" which is still part of the Opera. In the current line of Jan Meier's Amps the Cantate is also build with the "PCM2702". I think the "02" improves detail- and soundstage-wise. Additionally the output-voltage of the "02" is higher, which leads to higher volumes.

In general the 2Move sounds great, it has more than enough power for my HD650. According to Jan it'll be available in February and the price on one of these should be more than fair.
redface.gif
(about the same as the old one)

Greetings,
seehee

Jan 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #40 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmrodant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm torn between the 2Move, Pico and the Hornet. Decisions, decisions.

I suggest get the 2Move first, at least. The performance of Move is already very good particularly 2Move is its modification.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #42 of 73
Almost splurged on a Predator, but I think I'll go with a 2Move. But, I'm waiting to make sure, or see if, the goofy text is omitted from the case like in the picture Saso posted earlier. Otherwise it looks perfect, finally an all black case and an upgraded DAC for not much more than the original Move. I've been ampless for a while, so I NEED this!
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #43 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2Move on it's way to me. Let's hope it's everything I want and more.

Nice ! Please post impressions.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #44 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does 2Move have a recharging circuit?

It doesn't say on the technical details and hopefully it doesn't have any.

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #45 of 73
I would hope it does have a recharge circuit although 100 hours of run time is good. I get tired of opening up the back of a portable and changing batteries when it is so easy and convenient to just plug in the charger.

With the size of these types of units getting smaller I think even there it could have been smaller but in the long run it is the sound that matters and I would assume it will be very pleasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back