New portable amps from Meier Audio?!?
Jan 28, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #46 of 73
Will buy one 2Move too, with a QABLES Silvercab mini to mini, for my Iaudio 7
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #47 of 73
So many choices great. Getting interesting very, would say I.

partially cloudy with blue skies in Santa Rosa, CA. with more rain on the way.

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #48 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would hope it does have a recharge circuit although 100 hours of run time is good. I get tired of opening up the back of a portable and changing batteries when it is so easy and convenient to just plug in the charger.

No recharging circuit was mentioned in the technical details.

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #50 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No recharging circuit was mentioned in the technical details.

It appears to have DC in on the back so I would guess then that you can run it from a wall wart but that isn't normally a good source of DC unless the WW is very good.

It seems also that it can run from the USB power and uses a DC voltage doubler. I would think the best sound would be from the 9 volt battery being doubled or an input being doubled or . . . .

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #52 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting to make sure, or see if, the goofy text is omitted from the case like in the picture Saso posted earlier. Otherwise it looks perfect
biggrin.gif

I asked Jan about that and he replied...
Dear Sean,

"Will you be selling 'plain' versions?"

Sorry, custom versions are not possible.

Cheers

Jan
I guess he may be persuaded otherwise but that's the feedback so far. It looks like text from a Captain Marvel comic or something to me. If it was engraved lightly it might look cool but that would be costly I guess, so I'd rather have a plain one.

Cheers

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #53 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaunty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked Jan about that and he replied...
Dear Sean,

"Will you be selling 'plain' versions?"

Sorry, custom versions are not possible.

Cheers

Jan
I guess he may be persuaded otherwise but that's the feedback so far. It looks like text from a Captain Marvel comic or something to me. If it was engraved lightly it might look cool but that would be costly I guess, so I'd rather have a plain one.

Cheers

Did you simply ask if he's producing a 'plain' version of the 2Move? Thats a pretty vague inquiry and he may not have understood what you meant. I'm thinking that since he's still hasn't finalized the design, and from the earlier picture at the German meetup, that its possible Jan may drop the 'comic lettering' from the case. I've yet to see anyone voice anything better than displeasure with the lettering. Worst case, if the final version still has the lettering on the case, it might just be silkscreened on, which may be easy to remove with isopropyl alcohol or acetone.

Judging from the price difference between the Move and 2Move, I doubt that a charging circuit has been added. It would be nice to not have to open up the back of the unit every time the battery needs charging, but at least it looks fairly easy to open the unit up and 100 hours per charging cycle/battery is impressive.

Does anyone know if the 2Move still has jumpers to adjust gain and current, like the old Move? Or is it like the Headsix design?

Can anyone who has experience with AC adapters on the Move suggest some good power supplies for the 2Move? I tried searching Elpac's offerings on various electronic parts catalogs, but haven't found anything that fit the specs. I'm guessing 12V regulated would be what to look for?

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #54 of 73
Quote:

Did you simply ask if he's producing a 'plain' version of the 2Move? Thats a pretty vague inquiry and he may not have understood what you meant.

I asked

"Hello

I may wish to buy one of these but I would much prefer one without the very large screen print. Will you be selling "plain" versions?

Thank you"

Jan 28, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #56 of 73
Quote:

Can anyone who has experience with AC adapters on the Move suggest some good power supplies for the 2Move? I tried searching Elpac's offerings on various electronic parts catalogs, but haven't found anything that fit the specs. I'm guessing 12V regulated would be what to look for?

It would appear the same PS for the move will also work with the move2. A thread search of move will provide lots of model numbers from various suppliers.

Jan 28, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #57 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would appear the same PS for the move will also work with the move2. A thread search of move will provide lots of model numbers from various suppliers.

The only PS I can find suggested is the Radio Shack one, there must be some other options available, right?

Jan 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #58 of 73
Quote:

The only PS I can find suggested is the Radio Shack one, there must be some other options available, right?

There are other options (Jameco for instance) but on the old Move they involve re-terminating the plug into a smaller format. I think it was 12vdc linear switched 200-500ma tip positive, barrel sleeve negative. I can't tell from the diagram if it's a smaller barrel plug like before or the larger 'standard' one in the US. Once the manual is posted in a readable doc format we'll all have that answer.

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #59 of 73
According to the manual:
"The inside/outside diameters of the power plug should be 1.3/3.5 mm "
"The outside shaft of the plug should have negative voltage. The inside should be positive"

Also, does anyone know if the JAMECO power supply is better than the RadioShack one?
Thanks.

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #60 of 73
Mine came with the Jameco 12V 500 ma elpac - it seems to work great. Don't know where to find one - though - I suppose some electronic parts supplier (e.g. Mouser, etc.).

Walmart has "universal" units that fit just about anything - you might check them out. I think they're about $15, or so. Have no idea how they'd sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back