New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Dec 5, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #2,117 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojyarumaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I have a newb question. Can the unit be powered just through the USB?

Sad to say the D1 can't do that.

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #2,120 of 2,626
has anyone tried comparing the sound with and without power adaptor? when running from power adaptor the treble seems more laidback and less prominent.. w/o power adaptor the treble sounds nicer and sweet...

and also when connected with my (laptop vga out)lcd, i can see visual noise on the display when the D1 supplied power adaptor is on. could be due to the quality of the power adaptor.

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #2,121 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone tried comparing the sound with and without power adaptor? when running from power adaptor the treble seems more laidback and less prominent.. w/o power adaptor the treble sounds nicer and sweet...

and also when connected with my (laptop vga out)lcd, i can see visual noise on the display when the D1 supplied power adaptor is on. could be due to the quality of the power adaptor.

I don't find much difference between adapter and battery powered. But with regards to your LCD, are you using a shielded VGA cable? all electronic devices have EM/RF noise which will affect your video cable if it is not shielded.

Dec 6, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #2,126 of 2,626
actually from my experience, once i have a noisy display on my lcd before..

previously i have a emu-0404 usb. with the creative power adaptor, everything is fine... until when i order 1 cheapskate 5v adaptor from ebay to give it a try(someone mention higher A adaptor will improve the audio quality on emu-0404),
what happen is once i plug in that cheapskate adaptor, the noisy on the screen appears... i conclude the adaptor to be of poor quality and discard it to the bin straight after...

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #2,128 of 2,626
Mine took 4 or 5 days after 1 or 2 days of being ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back