New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Aug 14, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #166 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask, and ye shall receive...I don't think I've ever seen a company be so receptive!

20 buckeroos, James, not too shabby!
cool.gif

Well, I'll certainly never underestimate you again, Sir, you're my kind of cheapskate!
tongue.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #167 of 2,626
Optical cable shipped ....
Amp shipped ......

They should both arrive at my home before I am back from travelling. Oh the agony.

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #169 of 2,626
This looks very interesting...I've kind of been looking for a decent all in one that I can use with all my equipment and possibly take with me. This just seems so....perfect!

I'll wait for some reviews first, and then grab one soon after since I'm guessing it won't be awful, especially for a first amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #170 of 2,626
I have dozens of opamps from all of my Xin rolling.... It will be very interesting to make comparisions between the D1 and Xin to see if the same opamps sound the same in both amps! There is far more to sound quality than the choice of opamps, so I am expecting differences.

I will post the results when I have finished playing. Well, I should not say "finished", as I haven't finished rolling opamps since I got my first Xin rollable amps several years ago.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #171 of 2,626
wow 209 for the simple package is very enticing. I already have a million of those USB cables lying around the house and a few opticals too.

I wonder if it'll still come with that snazzy looking leather case.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #172 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow 209 for the simple package is very enticing. I already have a million of those USB cables lying around the house and a few opticals too.

I wonder if it'll still come with that snazzy looking leather case.

Oh yeah definitely. That should still be included...
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #173 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John..

I know what you mean... I have spent countless hours rolling opamps in my Xin amps, trying to find the "perfect" configuration for my ears.

I have started a bit of tube-rolling on my Dared MP5, but opamps are MUCH cheaper than tubes! I am going to just limit myself to a couple choices of tubes. Best sound so far is with the Tung Sol 12AX7s.

Most of the others I have tried seem to exhibit more hum than I am used to hearing. I do have a set of RCA cryo-treated 5751s enroute. I have great expectations for these.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread...please excuse.

Gotta try Raytheon 5751 man. Smooth as silk. Beautiful tube, there's a quad of them on eBay with few days to go. Sorry for another hijack.

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #174 of 2,626
I would be really interested in hearing a two way review of the D1 versus the Move if somebody got them one day! I will mark this thread up!

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #175 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be really interested in hearing a two way review of the D1 versus the Move if somebody got them one day!

x2
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #179 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mail really needs to hurry the amp to jamato! I can't wait for his impressions. My fingers are itching to buy the D1 or the MOVE lol.

x2, though the D1 has some big shoes to fill against the Move's amp unit.

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #180 of 2,626
I have a tracking number but it isn't working yet. There were two big storms that hit China and it appears the it may have slowed the currier survice that takes the package to UPS China.

Edit: I just checked again and it has hit the export scan as of the morning in China, which is the 15th there and it is the 14th (at night) here in Eugene, Oregon. So, we shall see how long it takes to get here. I will be moving very soon so I hope it gets here before I move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back