[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 15, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2,687 of 5,962
  Ok here is a sock mod for these X1s if you peps want to maintain the stock pads in minty condition/ do not want to lint roll the velours/ or is just anal about keeping everything clean.

Materials: One pair of stretchy pantyhose or any type of really thin stretchy socks and a pair of scissors. Instructions: CUT ACCORDINGLY, WRAP OVER, DONE!!!

Got them hos from the $1 mexican stores.
tongue_smile.gif
Make sure them hos are semi-thick and stretchy cuz there are lots of different variants. Got like a couple of different styles for modding my S500s, monoprice DJ cans, etc to prevent sweaty ears. Works wonders.

Alls you need to do is keep the ankle parts of the sock cuz it's the most tight and stretchy and just cut off the ends/ toe sections to the length you desire. So in essence you are making a small tube outta the sock.

Then just wrap it over the stock pads and roll the cut off ends back to make it clean looking. Normally you would stuff the cut off end into the crevices inside the pads but you can't do it with these X1's cuz the pads/ driver are angled and the crevices are glued tight so there are no gaps to fully tuck it in.

BUT i am sure some clever folks will find a ingenious way to even wrap all the way inside the pads as well, maybe cutting a thin piece of cardboard strip and prop it along the inner sides of the pads to keep the sock from rolling back/ coming loose??? I dunno, haven't tired that yet, but i am sure there are lots of different ways to completely cover even the inside of the pads. Just throwing ideas out there that's all. Happy modding or pad cleaning!!!
beerchug.gif

Thx for the input sfwalcer, 
biggrin.gif
 just now I've made mine after reading your post, I've even covered the outer cup as well and I guess people can customize their own pair with different color/pattern of socks
k701smile.gif
. Cheers.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #2,688 of 5,962
About the cable replacement, would another Philip's cable do? Or would that just get me the same sound as the one that comes with the headphone? oÔ

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just buy some other brand :p.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2,689 of 5,962

Finally got a stand worthy of displaying the X1. 
Love how the acrylic top of the amp matches the stand 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #2,690 of 5,962
Nice to see some love for the boys over at 1217. The project ember is in my scope. The stand compliments both the amp and X1 well.

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #2,691 of 5,962
Are there any authorized dealers for these headphones outside of amazon.com? Not enjoying the 30 dollars of sales tax and the 1 month delivery timeframe...makes it 320 dollars :O. Much more than the ~250ish it was a month ago. Does philips typically honor warranties for headphones purchased via amazon warehouse? thanks so much, looking forward to hearing these cans in person, even if it is a month from now.

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #2,692 of 5,962

Finally got a stand worthy of displaying the X1. 
Love how the acrylic top of the amp matches the stand :D

Nice! Are you loving the X1/Project combo? I sure do :D

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2,693 of 5,962
Nice! Are you loving the X1/Project combo? I sure do
biggrin.gif

It's fantastic. The drivers seem to still be settling, I haven't read very much about them so idk what others experience with burn-in has been. They were kind of an impulse buy but definitely one i don't regret!

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #2,695 of 5,962
Phol,
Just find an audio store or cable store and make a custom cable. I made mine just 15usd 1 meters, copper gold cable, or you can make silver cable and make sure its flexible. The sound is much better than the original cable. Mids and hi are more present and low is more controlled.
Just don't listen the shop owner, saying the more expensive cable the better. The x1 is already good enough with the cheap one.

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #2,698 of 5,962
  Phol,
Just find an audio store or cable store and make a custom cable. I made mine just 15usd 1 meters, copper gold cable, or you can make silver cable and make sure its flexible. The sound is much better than the original cable. Mids and hi are more present and low is more controlled.
Just don't listen the shop owner, saying the more expensive cable the better. The x1 is already good enough with the cheap one.

Yeah that's awesome, but I'm just not that technical :p (can barely build a PC).
I bought the "Supra MP-Cable 1,2 m" from Svalander.se I havent A to B tested it against the stock cable but for me it works well. Its cheap to.

Hm, those could work, though I would need something a bit longer like 2,5-3 meters. They are really ugly though D:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back