[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #1,068 of 5,962
Without damage, lol. Im sure I can rip that mesh out if I didn't care. :D

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #1,069 of 5,962
Quote:
$400USD on Amazon?  No thanks...maybe for $300 I would give these a shot, and even at that price only a maybe.  I don't think the earpads can even be replaced on these, right?  Still, I'm glad Phillips is getting into the headphones game a bit more.  I'll just wait to see what their next offering is.

I bought it at a promotional price of USD263 a couple of months ago here in Singapore. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #1,070 of 5,962
I bought it at a promotional price of USD263 a couple of months ago here in Singapore. 

Got them at the same price a couple of days ago at a major electronic department store in Singapore. One of the last few stocks at the promotional price.

They are reverting back to the MSRP price. Street price should be around SGD$398.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #1,071 of 5,962
Quote:
Got them at the same price a couple of days ago at a major electronic department store in Singapore. One of the last few stocks at the promotional price.

They are reverting back to the MSRP price. Street price should be around SGD$398.

Yup, that would be Courts dept store, correct? Now to look for a similar discount for the L1. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,072 of 5,962
Quote:
Without damage, lol. Im sure I can rip that mesh out if I didn't care.
biggrin.gif

You could use tiewraps to keep them permanently up there. :wink:

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #1,073 of 5,962
Not a bad idea... Although from watching Tyll's video it really didn't seem like the elastic had that much tension, then again he did end up bending the top band to relieve some pressure...

I guess a little bit of relief might help if you end up stretching it out all the way every time anyway. Use Velcro ties and you can loosen them up when not in use so as not to overstretch it needlessly. Would get tedious to re-adjust every time tho.

Has anyone figured out how the pads are attached? I know Philips has said they aren't replaceable but still...

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,074 of 5,962
Quote:
Has anyone figured out how the pads are attached? I know Philips has said they aren't replaceable but still...

I wonder about this too. 
This image suggests that it can be snapped off. But the fact that the pads can't be rotated suggests something else. I really want to try it out but I don't want to kill my baby. 
triportsad.gif

At first I wasn't sure if the pads were the right place to disasseble them. I tought maybe the swivel was the good place to start but that doesn't seem likely looking at these pictures. 
Here is a picture of the L1 which is prety similar built.

Found another picture!! This suggests back removal first. This part is snapped on. You can see room for the jack too.

Here is a picture from someone who might have opened up these phones.
http://www.hifi-forum.de/bild/x1-voll_246496.html

And here is a video that shows ALOT in detail!
http://www.webercreatives.com/portfolioitem/philips-fidelio-x1/

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #1,075 of 5,962
Might just be glued to that front plastic baffle... Don't see anything else in between or to snap into/around of. Though it looks like it has a rough texture to it (the plastic piece), I think typically you'd go with something smoother so there's more surface to adhere to.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #1,077 of 5,962
My X1's headband stretches completely to the upper leather band. Not only in the middle ... the whole thing. If this still isn't a fit, you can cut the band off completely, as it is attached to the upperband. The headband itself is made out of plastic... I think you can cut it off. You'd have to put some home-made padding to the upper band though.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #1,078 of 5,962
Yup, that would be Courts dept store, correct? Now to look for a similar discount for the L1. 

Yup, it was Courts. L1 was selling for SGD$459 at the same place. In fact, it was quite hard to find the Philips Fidelio headphones. Most stores only brought in Citiscape line.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #1,079 of 5,962
Quote:
Yup, it was Courts. L1 was selling for SGD$459 at the same place. In fact, it was quite hard to find the Philips Fidelio headphones. Most stores only brought in Citiscape line.

The only place that you can test the L1 is Harvey Norman. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back