[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Feb 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #932 of 5,962
I think something is wrong because is really strange that even with Terratec my X1 fatigue to reach loud levels and if i add gain/volume
through adjustable headphone out distortion appears (No EQ)

Terratec Phase 24 specs:

Front (Out 3/4)
A further analog output (stereo) is available on the front panel that can be used either at Line level (2.0 Vrms) or as a hardware-controlled headphone output. The mode for this output can be selected in the Control Panel.
CAUTION! As the PHASE 24 FW can deliver an output of up to 2.0 Vrms in Line mode and even more in headphone mode, a very high (loud) level will be available depending on the impedance of your headphones. Take care of your ears, you only have one pair[size=small][size=small][/size][/size]

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #935 of 5,962
Hello.

Could someone tell me about the size of the empty space wich is for the ears of the Fidélio X1 ?

I have Fidélio L1 and this free space for ears is 4.5 cm large and 6 centimeters high. My ears don't fit totally in. I have to put the little soft skin of my ears (Excuse my poor english) into the pads to be confortable.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #936 of 5,962
Quote:
Hello.

Could someone tell me about the size of the empty space wich is for the ears of the Fidélio X1 ?

I have Fidélio L1 and this free space for ears is 4.5 cm large and 6 centimeters high. My ears don't fit totally in. I have to put the little soft skin of my ears (Excuse my poor english) into the pads to be confortable.

Read my two reviews which are linked in the first post of this thread. The second review has the measurements I took.

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #938 of 5,962
Quote:
Read my two reviews which are linked in the first post of this thread. The second review has the measurements I took.

Thank you : 5.5 by 6
wink_face.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #939 of 5,962
Yay, my second headphone X1 will arrive today!
Depending on the state of the first X1 I can test if burn in is a real thing or not.

You're not taking driver variation into account. I owned two NEW 600ohm DT990s at the same time, and while similar, didn't sound the same. That makes testing for burn in, useless.

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #940 of 5,962
I got my X1s yesterday and the left side doesn't play sound. So I have sent them back to Accessory Jack and will receive my replacement in another week.

Edit: Weber45 the right side is definitely loud enough directly out of my iPods.

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #941 of 5,962
I'm thinking about buying these headphones, but how do they compare to the Sennheiser HD 598?

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #943 of 5,962
Aren't the HD 600 & 650 more alike than not? I thought they shared a similar neutral signature at least, and didn't think it was anything like the U sig that was shown for the X1's in that one French review (though I'm not discounting the fact that they may simply not be accurate measurements).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back