[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #646 of 5,962
Could you give a (small) comparison with the he-500's, please?
Thing's I'm interested in is bass punch and soundstage/seperation.

No clue about the leakage, I would say a larger soundstage than he-500, bass isn't as punchy but there is more of it if that makes sense. But please be aware I'm no expert in anyway shape or form.

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #648 of 5,962
A brief comparison against the HE-400

The X1 has bigger bass.  Both capable of reaching sub-bass but it's more abundant on the X1.  Neither phone has too much mid-bass emphasis.  The 400's bass very tight and precise in comparison.  I don't find the X1's bass muddy or too boomy though.  

The midrange is actually pretty close.  I honestly can't tell which one is more upfront.  Both sound very good but I would give the edge to the  X1 for being slightly less aggressive sounding.  

The treble and overall clarity goes to the 400.  I can hear more details with the 400 and instrument separation is better on the 400.  Speed and attack are much better on the 400 as well.  

The X1 is the smoother and less fatiguing phone of the two.  I don't feel the 400 is fatiguing at all but it's just more of a relaxing listen on the X1, but it's not at all like the L1's laid-back sound.  

When it comes to soundstage, it seems the the X1 is wider but I hear a little more depth on the 400.  Both have good stage though since they are open cans.  

They both leak a lot of sound.  

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #651 of 5,962
I think the X1 holds its own against the HE400 very well. I even listened to the HE500's afterwards and though the X1 was still very good comparing to those as well.

I prefer the X1 with more electronica music because of the bigger bass but they sound good with everything else too. It doesn't lack in the mids and highs so its a decent all rounder. It's definitely not a neutral phone. Then again neither is the other two.

I think the HE400 is another good one for all kinds of genres but this one will definitely be more precise to the music being played and reveal more flaws as well.

I remember having the HD650 awhile back and really liked it, but it just never immersed me to the music like the X1 does. I think Philips hit one out of the park with the design, build, comfort and most importantly the sound with the X1.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #652 of 5,962
For North American fellow Head-fiers: I just read an Engaget report from CES showing the new Philips' Fidelio line, including headphones, there it says the X1 will be available THIS month for $250.

1. "Of course, Phillips wouldn't forget headphones, and two models stood out to us the most. First up, the X1 is it's latest set of audiophile cans. These open-backed cans feature 50mm drivers and over-ear design, all of which are essentially par the course for this category. While we weren't able to asses the audio quality, we were pleased to find that the depth inside of the earcups is plentiful. This meant nothing was pushing against our ears, negating any fears of cartilage cramps for long listening sessions. You can expect to pay $250 for 'em when they're available this month."

Hope it is true. Here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/philips-fidelio-ces-audio-lineup/

Good luck and good year to everyone.

Ricardo 'The Headphone Fakir'

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #653 of 5,962

Hm, you make the waiting even more unbearable for me
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing!

"You can expect to pay $250 for 'em when they're available this month."

That will be a great price! The same as the latest on amazon.it

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #655 of 5,962

07VEN.gif

GREAT news! :D
Finally we see a resonable price for a very good sounding HP!

On a side note, I really like the looks of the new headphones, "The Crash". I'm wondering how they compare to the X1s... Maybe they'll sound like an L1 w/ closed-back design (i.e., a more bassier, V-shaped sound 'phone)? They even have a similar detachable cable. :p

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #658 of 5,962
Hi there - I work with Philips in the US and just wanted to clarify - the Fidelio X1s are being shown here this week at CES and will be available later this month in the US.  The suggested retail is $399.  Hope this helps, look forward to hearing what you think.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #659 of 5,962
Quote:
Hi there - I work with Philips in the US and just wanted to clarify - the Fidelio X1s are being shown here this week at CES and will be available later this month in the US.  The suggested retail is $399.  Hope this helps, look forward to hearing what you think.

That sounds right. Perhaps Engadget was misinformed or had a typo. Wouldn't make sense for it to be cheaper than the L1.

Darn.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #660 of 5,962
Quote:

You can keep 'em then 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back