[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #631 of 5,962
Quote:
they already attract over 9000 dust and hairs

You could try a piece of masking tape -or sellotape or something like that, what is not too strong -, that would get the hair and stuff off in no time.

edit: I'm still waiting for mine though. Hopefully it will arrive on Monday or Thuesday.
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #632 of 5,962
I've been listening to these all day out of my laptop/RSA Intruder single ended and the sound is so open and amazing.  I have the HE-500 and 400's around and I keep reaching for these headphones.  Every single tune through these today have sounded so good.  Just thought I'd share as I'm listening.  

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #635 of 5,962
Quote:
I've been listening to these all day out of my laptop/RSA Intruder single ended and the sound is so open and amazing.  I have the HE-500 and 400's around and I keep reaching for these headphones.  Every single tune through these today have sounded so good.  Just thought I'd share as I'm listening.  

I'd love to hear a comparison between the Hifimans and the X1 if at all possible...specifically how their bass compares (do the X1's go as low as the 400/500s?)  and whether the X1 can handle faster music like rock/metal without getting messy.  Thanks! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #641 of 5,962
How is the leakage factor?

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #645 of 5,962
From my experience with beyer and based on what the x1 should sound like this is a strange upgrade. Beyer and these are in no way comparable. Beyers are way brighter.

I didn't get my DT 880 for their brightness tho, I got them despite it! In any case, I'm not necessarily looking for the same signature, and I'd probably play around with the Beyers and whatever else before deciding to keep one (or both).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back