[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Dec 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #601 of 5,962
Ciao Francesco, come avrai capito sono un tuo connazionale. :)
Se chiedi agli audiofili qua in giro, normalmente ti sconsiglieranno la Xonar se devi acquistarla specificatamente per pilotare le X1. Il motivo non è dovuto alla qualità in sé della scheda (che è piuttoso buona), ma con una scheda audio che ha un'impedenza di oltre 10 ohm sull'uscita cuffie, pilotando le X1 con i loro bassissimi 32 ohm verrà a mancare quello che qui attorno chiamano "damping factor" (fattore di smorzamento per noi). Quello che risulta chiaramente percepibile all'orecchio allenato è una musicalità differente soprattutto nei bassi, dove un alto damping factor garantisce un basso esteso e pulito, mentre con un damping factor più risicato si ottiene un basso più torbido.
Ora non voglio spaventarti e farti puntare necessariamente su un'altra scheda audio (in questo campo sono tutt'altro che il massimo esperto), anche perché ribadisco che queste differenze si possono notare solo dopo diversi test e soprattutto non stravolgono la musicalità della cuffia in uso (anche perché per averne un immediato riscontro bisognerebbe andare su apparecchiature di ben altra caratura, sia come cuffie che come ampli), però prova a tenere in considerazione anche la possibilità di utilizzare un DAC/ampli con ingresso USB oppure collegato all'uscita digitale della tua scheda audio. In questo senso la Xonar offre anche una comoda SPDIF coassiale (o TOSLINK tramite l'adattatore fornito) per far passare il segnale audio a una o più unità dedicate, quindi potresti acquistarla ora riservandoti la possibilità di upgradare il tuo impiantino desktop in futuro se mai prenderai cuffie o speaker più esigenti. :wink:

Long story short, probably the fellow head-fiers around here wouldn't recommend you the Xonar Essence STX if you are planning to drive the X1s exclusively. The Xonar has a pretty high impedance on the headphones output while the X1s have a low impedance... This means that you'll have a lack of damping factor.
Anyway, the Xonar is a nice soundcard if you ask me and you still have the chance to upgrade your equipment with a new dedicated DAC or DAC/amp combo in the future through the SPDIF TOSLINK/coax out.
You may still consider an external DAC/amp combo in the same price range instead (Fiio E17 anyone?). :D

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #602 of 5,962
I agree. If you are a gamer then get the Creative Titanium HD like I am doing and buy an external low impedance amp to power the X1's. I'm trying out the new Schiit Magni to see how it pair ups with the headphone. Hopefully it will work pretty well together once I receive it all and give it a shot. Otherwise, an external DAC and AMP combo is probably the best way to go. Still, I'm currently using the X1's on the ASUS Xonar Essence ST and they sound pretty good for not being properly amped, so if you aren't anal like I am with trying to get the best sound quality for the money, then choose whatever you like and enjoy listening to the X1.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #603 of 5,962
If anyone in the USA happens to own these, I'd love to trade for a week or so.

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #605 of 5,962
Quote:
Mine are on the way!!

beerchug.gif

Did anyone experience any changes during burn-in?

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #606 of 5,962
Would these run well out of a iPhone sound quality wise? Other open full size phones in this price require an amp to justify the purchase, if these don't scale up too much with amp/dac then I will join the crew.

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #607 of 5,962
My order at a dutch webshop (€195) was canceled. Since I still really want it I ordered it from Amazon Italia. Total costs were about €193. There was some shipping cost added. This is cheaper then all the other webshops in the netherlands. But I can't ship it back now if I don't like it.
Luckily there are some interested people who might buy it off me. :)

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #608 of 5,962
Quote:
My order at a dutch webshop (€195) was canceled. Since I still really want it I ordered it from Amazon Italia. Total costs were about €193. There was some shipping cost added. This is cheaper then all the other webshops in the netherlands. But I can't ship it back now if I don't like it.
Luckily there are some interested people who might buy it off me. :)

Are you sure that you can't ship it back? When I received my X1's from Amazon Italy it had a return slip inside the box for a UK address (where I am located). Maybe you will have a return address within the Netherlands inside your box.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #610 of 5,962
I got these about two weeks ago and I am still impressed with the sound quality for a can in this prince range. I can compare it to my Denon D5000 and the X1 easily hold ground. I even prefere them because the midrange is not so recessed as with the Denons. Of course besides the fact that the Denons are more than three times the price of the X1s (I paid 202 Euro).

All in all a great pair of equipment.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #611 of 5,962
Quote:
I got these about two weeks ago and I am still impressed with the sound quality for a can in this prince range. I can compare it to my Denon D5000 and the X1 easily hold ground. I even prefere them because the midrange is not so recessed as with the Denons. Of course besides the fact that the Denons are more than three times the price of the X1s (I paid 202 Euro).

Damn you! All of you make the waiting more and more unbearable :D
Amazon stock sais it is temporarily unavailable. I hope it will ship prety soon.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #613 of 5,962
in Poland, now you can get them new for 170€, I think it's a bargain :p I've got them too, but they sound a bit too warm and bassy for me. Would you recommend something with a "lighter" sound, but with great quality and great comfort?

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #615 of 5,962

Damn you! All of you make the waiting more and more unbearable :D
Amazon stock sais it is temporarily unavailable. I hope it will ship prety soon.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back