[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #3,872 of 5,962
  I wonder why no one has asked this question so far, if it has been asked I am sorry but I must have missed it although I have been through the 258 pages.

Which is the closest/similar sounding headphone to the X1, for approximately the same amount of money if not less.

There really isn't one as Mad Lust Envy has already expressed. 

No offense to Mad Lust Envy ofc, but because one person said so doesn't mean it's the absolute truth

So what are you looking for??  If you want something around the same price as the X1 that sounds like the X1, then why not just get the X1's?

Oh there is, it's called the X1.

Sorry, there isn't anything remotely close to the X1's signature even at its current $230 price.

I bought a similar sounding headphone last month for $149.99 and I LOVE it! Try searching Amazon for the Philips Fidelio X1.

Firstly, thank you for you answers

I was not asking for a headphone with the exact same signature. Just the closer one to X1.

Also I don't see why it hurts to have more options. I find it kinda hard to believe that X1 is the only headphone with this fun signature and not sibilant treble, which I hate a lot. The ssss really kills a headphone for me.

I see that tangfi, benbenkr, thx1000 prompted me to buy the X1. Which I would really like to have done already and stop wasting hours searching for information and answers but seeing that I have not, then something else is the case.

To put it in another perspective. Which headphone is similar sounding and is open like the X1 but has removable earpads. And yes I have seen the mods no worries :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #3,874 of 5,962
Is that normal that when i listen more than 20mn of music with the x1, i have a huge headache after?

The first time it happened i didn't thinked it came from the x1 but it happened again so ?

What is the cause ?

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #3,878 of 5,962
  Is that normal that when i listen more than 20mn of music with the x1, i have a huge headache after?

The first time it happened i didn't thinked it came from the x1 but it happened again so ?

What is the cause ?

Same here. Most people seem to find the X1s very comfortable, but somehow, when I wear glasses, they're among the least comfortable headphones I've worn. Another head-fier implied I might just have a big head, which I won't discount entirely.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #3,880 of 5,962

Firstly, thank you for you answers

I was not asking for a headphone with the exact same signature. Just the closer one to X1.

Also I don't see why it hurts to have more options. I find it kinda hard to believe that X1 is the only headphone with this fun signature and not sibilant treble, which I hate a lot. The ssss really kills a headphone for me.

I see that tangfi, benbenkr, thx1000 prompted me to buy the X1. Which I would really like to have done already and stop wasting hours searching for information and answers but seeing that I have not, then something else is the case.

To put it in another perspective. Which headphone is similar sounding and is open like the X1 but has removable earpads. And yes I have seen the mods no worries :)

The problem is,  your question was "if there's a headphone close in signature to the X1 for the same amount of money, if not less", is it not?

The cold hard truth is; there isn't
If there is, why wouldn't your hours of info gathering not found you an answer yet? $230 (or rather, $150 even) for a calibre of the X1? Perhaps when there's an X2.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #3,881 of 5,962
I think the X1s are a great value and very enjoyable. I would highly recommend getting a pair, especially now that you can find them well below MSRP. I'm hoping Philips have some X2s around the corner.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #3,883 of 5,962

It's not the chemicals, because ive already worn it just fresh out of the box for testing with some music / anime / gaming and i had no problems its just for long session of Music that my headache start.

It is for me. I'm more sensitive to a lot of chemicals more than the average person though. I had to keep my X1 in front of a blowing fan for hours before I could wear my X1s. Took about 4 days before I could use them them for prolonged periods of time without any issues. Lovin my X1s now :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #3,884 of 5,962

It is for me. I'm more sensitive to a lot of chemicals more than the average person though. I had to keep my X1 in front of a blowing fan for hours before I could wear my X1s. Took about 4 days before I could use them them for prolonged periods of time without any issues. Lovin my X1s now :)

I agree that the chemicals were strongs. and it irritated my skin when i started to wear it :/
I think ppl who buy the X1 should do the same of what you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back