[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Feb 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #3,796 of 5,962
Thank you guys for the feedback it does help a lot. It's just I was able to place an order for DT880 600ohm while they were $220 (but they were out of stock so my order didn't ship yet), so I guess I will cancel it and place an order for X1.
Do the ear cups attract a lot of dust since they are dark colored compare to Beyer's light colored?

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,797 of 5,962
  Thank you guys for the feedback it does help a lot. It's just I was able to place an order for DT880 600ohm while they were $220 (but they were out of stock so my order didn't ship yet), so I guess I will cancel it and place an order for X1.
Do the ear cups attract a lot of dust since they are dark colored compare to Beyer's light colored?

I don't find that they attract any more dust than any other ear cushion. Over time, I'm sure dust would appear more visible than with the Beyer cushions. 

I keep mine either in the box they came in or covered when on a shelf to prevent dust collection when not in use. 

As long as you take such precautions, they will last a long time without looking dirty.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,798 of 5,962

By the way, $220 for the 600 ohm version is a really good deal! Nice find!

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #3,801 of 5,962
Anyone using the X1s coming out of a soundblaster z? I just bought the card for $84 and wanted some input before opening it up and installing it. I haven't ordered a set of cans yet but wanted to pull the trigger on the X1s or the Ultrasone Pro 900s tonight. The only pair of cans I have now are the A700s.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #3,802 of 5,962
Something must be wrong with me... I literally left work to deposit money to get in on the 150 amazon deal... Got back to work tried to check out three times and missed the deal and now I subscribed to the thread and every time I get a notification I hate life itself... Lol... Enjoy your headphones, I hate you all but really I don't... Just needed to vent that!

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #3,805 of 5,962
  Anyone using the X1s coming out of a soundblaster z? I just bought the card for $84 and wanted some input before opening it up and installing it. I haven't ordered a set of cans yet but wanted to pull the trigger on the X1s or the Ultrasone Pro 900s tonight. The only pair of cans I have now are the A700s.

I have the Creative ZXR paired with the X1. Sounds great! I can "wall hack" in fps and sounds awesome with any game for that matter. Music and movies also sounds jizztastic. I'm sure you'll love the pairing as well. Congrats on the purchase!

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #3,806 of 5,962
I'm not hearing the soundstage on the X1s at all. I happened to receive mine the day before I learned about the Philips Golden Ears site, and after listening to a bit of music I started going through the program. On the soundstage section, I struggled to hear a difference between the reference and all the tracks but the one with the narrowest soundstage - they all sounded compressed. I then tried with DT880 Pros, and it was immediately obvious what the difference was.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #3,807 of 5,962
  I'm not hearing the soundstage on the X1s at all. I happened to receive mine the day before I learned about the Philips Golden Ears site, and after listening to a bit of music I started going through the program. On the soundstage section, I struggled to hear a difference between the reference and all the tracks but the one with the narrowest soundstage - they all sounded compressed. I then tried with DT880 Pros, and it was immediately obvious what the difference was.

Agreed. The X1's sound very closed in for an open headphone, especially when compared to a treble heavy headphone like the DT880.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,809 of 5,962
Those who hear the X1's soundstage as being very closed in are probably in the minority.  

The majority of people hear the X1's soundstage as being closer to the larger side, especially considering its warmth and bass.  HD650 for example is also warm and open but sounds a lot more intimate to my ears.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3,810 of 5,962
Those who hear the X1's soundstage as being very closed in are probably in the minority.  

The majority of people hear the X1's soundstage as being closer to the larger side, especially considering its warmth and bass.  HD650 for example is also warm and open but sounds a lot more intimate to my ears.
Perhaps they just don't know exactly what they are hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back