[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 27, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #3,662 of 5,962
I also bought the Mediabridge cable. I've decided to try out the stock cable first and later on test the mediabridge. Since I've been so impressed no need to switch quite yet.

For the BH2 I'm on high gc with lf and sf off. I tried the softer HP 2 out first, which didnt give the X1 the sense of power I thought it needed. I moved on to the HP 1 out and that suited my needs much better.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,663 of 5,962
So, basically, I don't need to change the cable? I read a lot of people saying that I definitely should. It's all a bit confusing 
confused_face.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #3,664 of 5,962
  So, basically, I don't need to change the cable? I read a lot of people saying that I definitely should. It's all a bit confusing 
confused_face.gif

Right, you don't need to change the cable.

The issue of whether cables sound different, any one of them from any other of them,
regardless of price (which can get very steep indeed), is - and has been for years - one of the most
often and hotly debated topics in the world of audio and sound reproduction.

My suggestion, if you want to take this further: pick up another cable and decide if you yourself
hear a difference between the two...

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #3,669 of 5,962
They are selling for $153 on Amazon.com through amazon warehouse for very good condition..

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #3,670 of 5,962
If anyone doubts the "musicality" and range of the x1's ... give this a listen.  Ive had them for 8months and they still suprise me sometimes will how amazing they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNUTlKqSO-I

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #3,671 of 5,962
After owning my X1's for a few now I can honestly say these are the best headphones I've ever owned. I love them. I can tell a slight difference between the stock cable the and 8' monoprice cable I purchased, but I'm leaning more and more to the stock cable all the time, it feels "warmer" to me and the monoprice cable does have some microphonics that the stock cable does not.

Wish I would have purchased a 2nd set now for later use when they were on sale!

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #3,672 of 5,962
X1s and Boompro just turned up from amazon US, Not had a chance to game with them Just yet but listening to some music and wow these thing are insane for open cans they nearly go as low as my D2K not much in it at all.

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,673 of 5,962
  At least they're memory foam. Maybe they last longer? I know it doesn't speak for the velour, but at least the comfort should stay the same. I noticed that one of my pads is rotated about 10 degrees and the other is totally straight. Kinda odd, doesn't affect anything, but seriously? Couldn't glue them on straight?

So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #3,674 of 5,962
I'm not sure you can remove and rotate them as they fit on via alignment tabs.

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3,675 of 5,962
  So I realized last night that this pair (my second pair) has the same problem that my first pair had, except this time one of the pads is rotated about 20 degrees. At least it's rotated backward, so that my ear fits easily, but it doesn't fit perfectly since the other pad is totally straight. How big of a pain is it to remove the pad and reattach it?

I'm actually going to try to get replacements, and see if it is a lottery for them to be correct (The right hand side on mine is correct, the left hand is turned 90 degrees.. I can feel the difference. Hopefully 'item is not perfect' paired with 'light rattle in right ear' are reason enough to get a replacement from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back