[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #3,544 of 5,962
Stop buying these up off amazon.. I need to get my replacement :frowning2:

My cans are not suffering from anything major, only factory issues (pad on left ear is not tapered like the right ear, so it applies a bit too much pressure. If the left were as comfortable as the right these would be absolutely perfect). Plus, since it isn't on right, it has some fabric stretching, which I fear will lead to failure at some point, meaning inevitable replacement.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3,547 of 5,962
  Stop buying these up off amazon.. I need to get my replacement :frowning2:

My cans are not suffering from anything major, only factory issues (pad on left ear is not tapered like the right ear, so it applies a bit too much pressure. If the left were as comfortable as the right these would be absolutely perfect). Plus, since it isn't on right, it has some fabric stretching, which I fear will lead to failure at some point, meaning inevitable replacement.

Do you have a picture of your pads? 

I ask because I think the X1 pads are slightly asymmetrical for whatever reason.  Most pictures I've seen show one pad being slightly thicker at the top than the other. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #3,550 of 5,962
Well, the deal is gone now... I just bought mine 3 days ago for 250$.. talk about wrong move...
frown.gif

I bought mine on Friday and received them yesterday. I called Amazon this morning and they refunded $100 to my credit card. It may be worth a try but YMMV.

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #3,555 of 5,962
Just had my brother check out my X1's. First thing he did was put on a hip-hop song, max out the volume and complain about the headphones not being able to handle the bass @ + 6dB. He then chose another hip-hop song and raised the bass db to +14 or so. Not only is he deaf but he's a HUGE bass head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back