[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #3,496 of 5,962

There's an in-line volume control on the BoomPro, is it turned up to max?

I know I turned it all the way up, however now you got me curious. I'll try it again tonight. Maybe it got bumped while I was switching cables to compare. Could be a DUH moment on my part lol.

The BoomPro is great with these headphones though. Perfect little gaming setup.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3,497 of 5,962
  Very close to buying these myself.

The non-replaceable ears cups don't bother me but the looks, build/sound quality, replaceable cable, comfort all massively draw me to them.

Couple of questions for anyone:

Main use for these will be gaming, i.e PS3, PS4 and Wii U. Also be used for some music/films though. Are these a good option for gaming and will I be doing them justice if I either plug into the controller (PS4) or into the headphone out of my Panasonic 2013 smart TV or do I need some sort of amp?

Is it definitely worth replacing the cable? If so, can someone recommend one that is currently available on Amazon?

Finally, as these are the first real high quality headphones I've bought before, how long do they need to burn in? I've heard variations of 5 hrs to 200 hrs. Also, is it basically OK to just leave them running with the ipad or whatever? Does type of music or volume make much difference to the burning in process?

Thanks a lot.

These are GREAT for gaming and movies. I'm very impressed with them in that regard. I can't speak of the PS4 headphone out as i've never heard it.  These are great without an amp.

Don't go crazy on the cable. These are nice cables and cheap: http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B004LTEUDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390318480&sr=8-1&keywords=media+bridge+3.5

The stock cable sounds fine too, you can always play around with that first before spending anymore money. The media bridge sounds better to my ears but the stock cable sounded fine as well.

I'll let someone else speak for burn in. I just stuck them on my head and went for it.  

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #3,498 of 5,962

I know I turned it all the way up, however now you got me curious. I'll try it again tonight. Maybe it got bumped while I was switching cables to compare. Could be a DUH moment on my part lol.

The BoomPro is great with these headphones though. Perfect little gaming setup.

Honestly it's because they work so well with the BoomPro that I'm still entertaining the idea of getting them for my gaming specific cans. I may even sell of my HD650 to buy them. But I'm waiting until spring when the HE-400i comes out to see how they are. I really love a good planar sound.

Plus Chico prefers the X1 to the 650s and he's one of the people whose ears I trust.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #3,500 of 5,962
  Just received my pair at work. Opened the box and they are gorgeous! I can't wait to listen to them, but they are fresh off the truck and quite cold. I'll wait until they warm up to room temperature...

Smart move. I don't use gear when it's cold off the truck either.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #3,504 of 5,962
I have had quite a few headphones and currently have HD800. I  have had HD800 for a couple of years and don't think I'll change for now.  
However once in a while I purchase a pair of headphones that I think are interesting, ex. he 500, beyers T90 etc. 
I have received X1 a week ago and think these are exceptionaly good headphones. The bass is just a little too much for my liking but still ok. Very detailed, resolving, good highs, powerfull bass and all around very, very good headphons. I am keeping X1.
What I'm trying to say is for 250-500$, I don't think there is anything better. 

This is all IMHO.
Thanks.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #3,505 of 5,962
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDWDn1z3VSI

Can someone tell me how the bass note is handled (comes in at 43s) on the X1's please?

I find that note is a torture test for equipment, as it bottoms out pretty low.

Also, that song is quality, enjoy:p It's on Spotify too

Cool song! The X1 thrives on that bass - eats it alive. Torture test? Phhhhh! :)

Sounded very cool on the KEF M500's as well. Sub-bass really came out nicely.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #3,507 of 5,962
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-X1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00B3QD94O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_24

50% off today only. I wish I could get one.

Thanks for the info 

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #3,509 of 5,962
  amazon.uk

.de is still cheapest for us, just don't know how warranty/returns works

I spoke to them on the phone and they said in the UK we have a one year warranty and that it doesn't matter what country you bought them from as long as you keep receipt.  I'll email them as well to get it in writing so I have proof in case anything happens. 

Just about to order them from Amazon.com, with the offer that shiorisekine has kindly posted even with shipping and import fees (amazon works an approx figure out for you and take the money (I believe they will refund if it is cheaper or take more if it works out extra) it works out to $190.76 which is £115.47 at current exchange rate and arrives in 8-14 days, if you do priority shipping so you get it this Friday it works out $219.56 which is £132.90.  I wouldn't expect them to get that cheap any time here in the UK!  I'm gonna order with priority shipping because I might not be around when they do arrive and also I know a friend who chose the cheap delivery from America and his item got lost in the post! 

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #3,510 of 5,962
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-X1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00B3QD94O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_24

50% off today only. I wish I could get one.

Ordered thank you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm, if they end up to be as good as people say they are my CAL 2's will be going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back