[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #3,481 of 5,962
Don't know about shipping costs but at current exchange rate works out to £162 which is a good price but would rather spend £25 more and have peace of mind with warranty!  A bit annoyed I didn't spot it on amazon earlier, since I've bought my PS4 have wanted these headphone to use with my Mixamp.  My DT880s (250ohm) need an amp to work well with my mixamp and from what I can read these work well unamped.  Also am going to use a V-MODA BoomPro Mic with it, whereas now I have the AntLion Modmic and then having to use an amp as well after the mixamp so just a big ol mess with wires everywhere! 

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,485 of 5,962
using that site camelcamelcamel.com I only say the pre-xmas dec sale hit £151?

Gonna wait till next pay check in couple weeks, can afford them now but it justifies it more and they might hit a lower price fingers crossed.

Amazon.de also worth a go

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #3,492 of 5,962
  I just compared the v moda boom pro with the media bridge cable I got from Amazon. Coming straight out of my macbook The V Moda cable is VERY quiet.   I'm talking like 30% quieter than the media bridge.   Strange.

There's an in-line volume control on the BoomPro, is it turned up to max?

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #3,494 of 5,962
  using that site camelcamelcamel.com I only say the pre-xmas dec sale hit £151?

Gonna wait till next pay check in couple weeks, can afford them now but it justifies it more and they might hit a lower price fingers crossed.

Amazon.de also worth a go

It was just under £150 for a little while in October and then December £151.  Hit £142.78 one day as well on 11th December!  I'm an impatient man so am getting the urge to buy now but I'll hold out until at least when my Mic comes from America which should be within 2 or so weeks!  Also need to try and source a Mixamp PS3 chat cable!

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #3,495 of 5,962
Very close to buying these myself.

The non-replaceable ears cups don't bother me but the looks, build/sound quality, replaceable cable, comfort all massively draw me to them.

Couple of questions for anyone:

Main use for these will be gaming, i.e PS3, PS4 and Wii U. Also be used for some music/films though. Are these a good option for gaming and will I be doing them justice if I either plug into the controller (PS4) or into the headphone out of my Panasonic 2013 smart TV or do I need some sort of amp?

Is it definitely worth replacing the cable? If so, can someone recommend one that is currently available on Amazon?

Finally, as these are the first real high quality headphones I've bought before, how long do they need to burn in? I've heard variations of 5 hrs to 200 hrs. Also, is it basically OK to just leave them running with the ipad or whatever? Does type of music or volume make much difference to the burning in process?

Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back