[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #3,301 of 5,962
Finally got mine after the wrong item was sent to me.

They are more laid -back than I anticipated, but sound good. They are very natural sounding, I am surprised by this, I assumed they would be more like the DT990 with emphasis on the bass and the treble, but they are actually kind of balanced.

I actually prefer them with my Fosgate Signature tube amp (amp I use exclusively with the HD800) over my solid state amps, also surprised at that. The tubes add nice separation, midrange, and bass response.

A very solid, well rounded can for the money.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3,302 of 5,962
Hey guys, just a heads up- Amazon has like 4 of these left @ $249.99 new(directly from them, not a third party seller). Was going to get a pair if it didn't take 3 days to transfer money between my accounts...might as well let y'all know instead :)

There's a lot more than 4. You're seeing 4 sellers, not the stock on hand. They actually have over 1000 to sell.

I'm tempted to pick these up as well, but I just got the T90s. :xf_eek:

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #3,304 of 5,962
New here. Thanks guys for all the great information in this thread. 

I've had these in my amazon cart for the last 2 weeks. Saw it drop to 249 this morning and pulled the trigger. Can't wait to hear them. 

Congrats! A bit jealous. :D

Definitely let us know what you think when you get them burned in.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #3,305 of 5,962
Congrats! A bit jealous.
biggrin.gif

Definitely let us know what you think when you get them burned in.

Thanks. I definitely will.   Just gotta stay out of all the other threads. My wallet can't take it. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #3,306 of 5,962
Thanks. I definitely will.   Just gotta stay out of all the other threads. My wallet can't take it. :tongue_smile:

Might have been my biggest (or best) mistake - finding these boards. :p

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #3,307 of 5,962
There's a lot more than 4. You're seeing 4 sellers, not the stock on hand. They actually have over 1000 to sell.

I'm tempted to pick these up as well, but I just got the T90s.
redface.gif

Oops...yeah, I imagine 4 of them would be gone before I finished posting that message, lol. I wonder how long they'll stay at this price- maybe long enough for me to afford them 
redface.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,308 of 5,962
Hey guys, just a heads up- Amazon has like 4 of these left @ $249.99 new(directly from them, not a third party seller). Was going to get a pair if it didn't take 3 days to transfer money between my accounts...might as well let y'all know instead :)

Im glad I saw this price drop. I ordered mine 2 days ago for 299 and quickly called amazon. They refunded me the difference :)

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #3,309 of 5,962
Oops...yeah, I imagine 4 of them would be gone before I finished posting that message, lol. I wonder how long they'll stay at this price- maybe long enough for me to afford them :xf_eek:

I would think so. Regardless, you should start the transfers now. :)

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #3,311 of 5,962
  How does the X1 compare to the AKG K540?

Also, how well do they perform with vocal rap/hiphop and dubstep?

The X1 works perfectly fine for those genres.

Never heard the k540...

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,313 of 5,962
The cans I've owned are in my profile.

I'm not sure what you're asking with "comparable?"  Anything more specific?

The X1 is a bit on the warmer side, with just a hint of treble sparkle and a bit of bass emphasis, but it's still balanced overall and with a competent soundstage.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #3,315 of 5,962
  The cans I've owned are in my profile.

I'm not sure what you're asking with "comparable?"  Anything more specific?

The X1 is a bit on the warmer side, with just a hint of treble sparkle and a bit of bass emphasis, but it's still balanced overall and with a competent soundstage.

By comparable I mean with what headphone on that list on your profile are they on the same level on qua technical abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back